Need Help with Possible eBay Scam

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Sorry for just jumping in without reading all of the replies but I have been selling on ebay for years and I would email him that the item was broken while you were packing it, refund all of his money thru paypal and block him from bidding again. If you refund his money, he can't leave bad feedback. Good Luck, steve

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you refund his money, he can't leave bad feedback. Good Luck, steve
I dont think this is true. Are you sure? If this is true, it would be a very simple solution. Im almost positive this is not true. Can you show me where it says this? Thanks.

I posted of a seller that was given bad feedback because he wouldnt ship to Canada. Im sure he didnt keep the money.

I also read a story where a seller didnt want to ship to the auction winner at 99 cents so she refunded the money. She cant do this and was left bad feedback even though she refunded the 99 cents.

I have other examples.

Last edited:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read throught 2 pages of the thread and then figured I would post something. I sell a few thing on ebay. 1 item I shipped to China got there inn under 3 weeks recently. 1 item I shipped to Portugal has not arrived after 2 months. My local PO told me the recent problem countries have been Italy and Greece. I am adding Portugal to my list. I have shipped to Canada and it is twice as expensive as China. WTF? Whatever you do, get the insurance.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ntercommerce America, Inc.Warehouse: ACI Express, Inc.Company name : Intercommerce America, Inc.Contact number: (562) 304 2593- kglpass7
bigcypress, I have a little time on my hands and decided to do a little detective work.
I am sure you already shipped, so this is too late.

I did a google on the phone number and company name.

Please check out these
Mirage Performance Forums ? View topic - Ebay question
Ebay Selling issue, need advice -
U.S. Seller's beware.... - Page 5 - The eBay Community

The company owners name is Myungchan Kim and that is Korean, not Japanese

Intercommerce America, Inc has a location in Los Angeles, CA. Active officers include Myungchan Kim. Intercommerce America, Inc filed as a Articles of Incorporation on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 in the state of California and is currently active. Myungchan Kim serves as the registered agent for this organization.
I found another address for them about 6-8 miles away in the city of Carson.

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
those letters are super fishy id get insurance and a signature confirmation on delivery or tell them the item was broken during packaging and offer a refund.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best things to add in small print is that the idem must be returned for a refund this will cut the number of people in china from asking for a refund.
And always ship with a signature required that way you can prove it got to some one and then if they claim they did not get the idem you have a signature and its then a problem of the shipping company.

it sounds like this reshipper is using the seller as insurance for his shipping.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the research cyberdan. I already shipped and Im hoping for the best. The pearl necklace ad is misleading I agree.

Im kinda surprised how many people do not understand eBay. Refunding someones money in full cannot stop someone from leaving bad feedback. And stating that the item must be returned certainly will not stop bad feedback either.

The only thing to stop bad feedback is to make the buyer happy. This usually means that you must give a complete refund including shipping. ...and this is no guarantee. Read this If you give full refund can the buyer still leave ... - The eBay Community

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I read throught 2 pages of the thread and then figured I would post something. I sell a few thing on ebay. 1 item I shipped to China got there inn under 3 weeks recently. 1 item I shipped to Portugal has not arrived after 2 months. My local PO told me the recent problem countries have been Italy and Greece. I am adding Portugal to my list. I have shipped to Canada and it is twice as expensive as China. WTF? Whatever you do, get the insurance.
Mexico, Colombia, Italy and Greece all bad.

I have some ads going now that Im finishing up and I stated that I ship to US and Canada. I received a bid from Germany. How is this possible? If I refuse to ship, I can be the recipient of bad feedback.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The best things to add in small print is that the idem must be returned for a refund this will cut the number of people in china from asking for a refund.
And always ship with a signature required that way you can prove it got to some one and then if they claim they did not get the idem you have a signature and its then a problem of the shipping company.

it sounds like this reshipper is using the seller as insurance for his shipping.
I have a 14 day return policy and the buyer pays return shipping but that wont stop the buyer from leaving bad feedback.

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Mexico, Colombia, Italy and Greece all bad.

I have some ads going now that Im finishing up and I stated that I ship to US and Canada. I received a bid from Germany. How is this possible? If I refuse to ship, I can be the recipient of bad feedback.

This happened to me also. I had to specifically block all the countries that I would not ship to.

73dguard

Mar 2, 2013
South Paris, ME
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD
Nokta Gold King
Teknetics AlphA 2000
Garrett Pointer Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No money=no shipment. Get ebay to moderate if you're comfortable with that.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No money=no shipment.
I gotta scratch my head to some of the comments like this one. Did you know the buyer has 45 days to make a claim? Did you know PayPal holds the money?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This happened to me also. I had to specifically block all the countries that I would not ship to.
Thanks. I didnt realize I actually had to block all the other countries. I state that I ship US and Canada and I offer no international shipping. But it didnt stop a bidder from Germany.

Im going to shut down after this weekend because Im heading to the Everglades to live for my seasonal job and 5 months of hunting and fishing. . Im hoping eBay has solved some of these problems by next year.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
bigcypress, I have a little time on my hands and decided to do a little detective work.
I am sure you already shipped, so this is too late.

I did a google on the phone number and company name.

The company owners name is Myungchan Kim and that is Korean, not Japanese
This worries me. He is possibly selling to Korea. Thats how he makes a profit. I dont like it but its too late.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up BigC. If your getting bids from people in other countries then you have something set wrong on your ebay selling (listing) page set up. I sell U.S. only, no international. International bidders should not be able to place a bid on any of your items if you do not offer international shipping. I've had plenty of messages from foreign ebayers asking to bid, but that's it.
Make sure you uncheck this box when listing-

Sell globally, ship domestically

empty_check_box.gif
Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you. Learn more

Also, there are many of these companies that buy for foreigners on ebay, be it Japan, Korea, China, etc.. They are in bed with ebay, literally. They have multiple user id's and buy large amounts of stuff. For the most part they are legit. For the volume they are buying, if they weren't, there would be thousands upon thousands of complaint threads like the ones you linked to earlier in this post. Here is one such company that I have dealt with several times- eBay View About Me for flight2kix

PS- for what it's worth. 1 bad feedback isn't the end of the world. Most people realize that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Granted it sucks and you won't have that 100% anymore but it's not something to lose sleep over. I remember when I got my first one, it was from a seller. I recently got another one this year and one the year before that along with a few neutrals. I still get my discount every month for being a top rated seller.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did you ever call the number I gave you?
I was not able to call because I had a fever and bad sore throat... it got worse and I couldnt talk. I reported to eBay that he asked for my Paypal address but eBay didnt reply. If I could have talked, Im sure eBay would tell me I have to ship. That part is obvious eBay policy to ship to winning bidders no exceptions .

I shipped out with insurance. I dont think there was anything else I could do. You cannot get out from a sale if someone pays and I dont want to risk bad feedback. Most of the experienced sellers told me to ship. I have about 2 maybe 3 weeks before I leave for the swamp and I may not have internet. So if there is a problem, I hope I hear about it by that time. Thats my main concern at this time with international sales or freight forwarders (that I will not have internet in a few weeks)..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What's up BigC. If your getting bids from people in other countries then you have something set wrong on your ebay selling (listing) page set up. I sell U.S. only, no international. International bidders should not be able to place a bid on any of your items if you do not offer international shipping. I've had plenty of messages from foreign ebayers asking to bid, but that's it.
Make sure you uncheck this box when listing-

Sell globally, ship domestically

View attachment 843677
Send it to the US shipping center, and the rest will be taken care of for you. Learn more

Also, there are many of these companies that buy for foreigners on ebay, be it Japan, Korea, China, etc.. They are in bed with ebay, literally. They have multiple user id's and buy large amounts of stuff. For the most part they are legit. For the volume they are buying, if they weren't, there would be thousands upon thousands of complaint threads like the ones you linked to earlier in this post. Here is one such company that I have dealt with several times- eBay View About Me for flight2kix

PS- for what it's worth. 1 bad feedback isn't the end of the world. Most people realize that you can't please all of the people all of the time. Granted it sucks and you won't have that 100% anymore but it's not something to lose sleep over. I remember when I got my first one, it was from a seller. I recently got another one this year and one the year before that along with a few neutrals. I still get my discount every month for being a top rated seller.
A man from Germany bid and won the auction tonight but I now can see that although he is from Germany, his shipping address is in New York, so its cool.

How can you receive bad feedback from a seller? Was it a long time ago?

Im curious did you refund or refuse to refund?

You can really only afford to get 1 bad every 100. No more. Can you remove old bad feedback after a year? I heard this somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Also, there are many of these companies that buy for foreigners on ebay, be it Japan, Korea, China, etc.. They are in bed with ebay, literally. They have multiple user id's and buy large amounts of stuff. For the most part they are legit. For the volume they are buying, if they weren't, there would be thousands upon thousands of complaint threads like the ones you linked to earlier in this post.
I agree, it appears most of the freight forwarders are legit and in bed with eBay so nothing can be done. But ebay removed my complaint from their forum I linked to and I wonder how many other complaints are removed and moderated..

The Stanley Plane I sold was nice. They just dont make them anymore of this quality. Another thought is that I dont like my American antiquities going to China or Korea.

We buy Chinese plastic junk and they buy our Industrial Revolution era quality made items. The cast iron/ steel/ brass Stanley plane with Rosewood handles I sold will last for many generations. The plastic crap we buy from China will last 10 years if we are lucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread