need help

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Midland, Penn, Beaver county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I got my new detector today. Well I think it is a rip off. (that's another story)
the help I don't know what to listen to. I was swinging away and it went off like a Christmas carol. nail, 50 cents, dime, pop tab, all of them. I called over my partner and he said something is there. I dig and find a penny. What do I need to set the button to so I don't hear all of that stuff at once. Anyone in Beaver County PA that can help me in person. I am a visual learner not manual.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Discriminate, Slow your swing down, is there metal on you shoes that might be picking up, where were you hunting, what type of metal detector do you have? need more info for an assessment.
RD

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Here is a video for you and there are several more on youtube.

Just type metal detecting in the search bar there and you can see all types of machines and techniques. HH and good luck, Charlie

OP
OP
toye026

toye026

Greenie
Aug 10, 2007
Midland, Penn, Beaver county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Thanks guys for taking the time out to help me along. My detector is a Treasure Hunter XJ9 Vision Pro here is the site for it. (http://www.treasurehunteronline.com/5.html) There isn't any metal in my shoes. I checked that with my partners md. My swing is prob. to fast. I am still getting the hang of that. I am hunting in an level ground park. Nicely cut. On the md there are two buttons. sensitivity and disc. I can go up or down. It has a led screen. The manual says it has automatic ground. any suggestions?

I will also check out utube when the kids go to bed. cant concentrate with their mouths yapping sounds like geese in the park.

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Is this your first metal detector? study the guide that came with it.Did it come with a video?get the change out of your pocket quarter/dime/nickle/penny/etc etc wave them over your coil get to know the sounds ..Are you in all metal mode?I set mine on auto notch..Try starting out in a non trashy area...Main thing is get to know your machine..Dont give up !!! Lets see them finds!! Ill give you 1 week and you''ll be hooked ;)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
O.K my next question would be.. how do you know if the batteries are low? I'm sure they are new, since the detector is new.

Does your Manuel states that the detector will give eratic signals if batteries are low?

It looks and sounds like a good detector, but.... may not Handel mineralized soil or sand(wet) that well.Was the grass wet....?, wet grass,sand and certain fertilizer will cause that problem.

I would try a new and dry place when you can and if it still acts up "return it immediately!!!!" 5 year warranty. your detector has diffrent audio tone for identification.High tone for coins like quarters dimes and penny.low tone for a nickel,tin and gold.Also a readout for each classification.

like stated above:place you MD up side down on a table with coil facing up, then play with the adjustments as you pass diffrent items over the coil.This will help you ID with your ear.

good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread