What's new

need ID on small bottle w/liquid found beachcombing PNW

saddlemt

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 14, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi, I found this small 3" ampulet bottle with clear liquid inside and am wondering if anyone could help ID anything about it by sight.
Thanks so much!
 

Attachments

  • bottle.webp
    bottle.webp
    49 KB · Views: 742
looks like an medication ampule lots of drugs come in them not sure if there is enough info there to identify it.
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of the movie "The Deep" ;D Blue dot must mean something :dontknow:

Brian
 
Upvote 0
http://www.drugs.com/ppa/iloprost.html
Open ampule by holding bottom of ampule with blue dot facing away from body, wrapping the included rubber pad around the entire ampule using other hand; then, using thumbs, break open the neck of the ampule by snapping the top of the ampule toward the body.

Not sure if it is for steriods only, but several references I have found have been such.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • ampule purple sporampule_sm.webp
    ampule purple sporampule_sm.webp
    7 KB · Views: 1,084
Upvote 0
hi everyone-thanks for the great ideas!
the purple is on the outside..and when it was first found the bottle was clear..I guess it oxidized to purple?
 
Upvote 0
that is an idea, but with no label information not sure they could tell, besides would we really want to tie up there resources for something like this? Better to take it to a pharmacy and ask the pharmicist, they may know.
 
Upvote 0
Shouldnt be a problem unless the contents are leaking. I dont understand the purple on the outside. Im leaning toward someone testing the ocean water.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
i think it's for a nebulizer...
:icon_thumright: I think your guess is most likely but why is it purple?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom