What's new

Need opions/help on possible gold ring.

lonelyduckhunter

Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
353
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this ring today in a old field house's, stores & Post Office dates back to 1732 last 70 years its been fields. The ring is marked 18k on inside of band and weights 9 grams a filed a small bit down and it looks like gold but the outer color is brown. It rang in the pull tab-penny range. My question is can gold turn this color? Or do you believe it may be a old fake ring.

160oe10.jpg


25zp9iw.jpg


18k mark on inside band
e9b30h.jpg


Any opions?
 
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
 
Upvote 0
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.

Thanks,

I wasn't trying to put down anyone, & I partly agreed with the point that Gold can discolour. All I was trying to say was it doesn't 'Tarnish' (unless mixed with base metal).
 
Upvote 0
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:

:D where do you get the waggling finger from? :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:

:D where do you get the waggling finger from? :laughing7:
From the icons, were it says more :laughing9: just to clarify a point, me and Cru often have these crossed oppinions, he knows I mean nothing by them :wink:...no need for anybody else to stick there ore in ::) me and Cru are Cool 8)

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:

:D where do you get the waggling finger from? :laughing7:
From the icons, were it says more :laughing9: just to clarify a point, me and Cru often have these crossed oppinions, he knows I mean nothing by them :wink:...no need for anybody else to stick there ore in ::) me and Cru are Cool 8)

SS


You gotta stay cool because by the sound of things Kyle and his fellow Colonial patriots seem to be planning an attack. Oh wait, it's just his cabin fever dementia talking again. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:

:D where do you get the waggling finger from? :laughing7:
From the icons, were it says more :laughing9: just to clarify a point, me and Cru often have these crossed oppinions, he knows I mean nothing by them :wink:...no need for anybody else to stick there ore in ::) me and Cru are Cool 8)

SS


You gotta stay cool because by the sound of things Kyle and his fellow Colonial patriots seem to be planning an attack. Oh wait, it's just his cabin fever dementia talking again. ;D
I saw that :laughing9: definitely frozen brain syndrome :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
Ramitt said:
Jeesh some people get a bit overly sensitive. Keep clarifying the facts Cru, it helps us all learn.
Keep your nose out :nono:

:D where do you get the waggling finger from? :laughing7:
From the icons, were it says more :laughing9: just to clarify a point, me and Cru often have these crossed oppinions, he knows I mean nothing by them :wink:...no need for anybody else to stick there ore in ::) me and Cru are Cool 8)

SS

Wow, I never new that, I wondered where everyone got them from I thought it was a website insert. THANKS!

Agreed no hard feels :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I'm so sorry, I was speaking from the heart and knowledge. I did not consider gold mixed or covered with anything when I said gold doesn't discolor. I wasn't thinking of additives or composites or coverings. And I'm not a gold-ologist, but my limited knowledge tells me if it's pure enough, it doesn't discolor. When the gold miners, bless their hearts, pulled it from the streams, it was ... gold. I haven't been fortunate enough to pull "gold" from the ground, but from what I've read, it's "gold" when it comes out. Had not considered any additives, etc.

Noodle
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom