What's new

Need some help for Diggers show

montanagold

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
311
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The production company for the show Diggers ( not American Diggers ) contacted me today. They are working very hard on trying to re assess the show to provide a better experiance for all parties. He asked me to get in contact with some detectorists and help come up with some show ideas, places and some things we would like to see. I am suppose to get him a contact list of supporters that would like to help. This is not a list for people who hated the premere and want to tell him what a black eye this will give us. This is for people who want to help shape the show to make it better than it already was. We are still going to use the silly terms and get excited about a dumb coin, there is going to be more about ethics and such. They are aware of the issues that have been expressed and are working on them, so if you guys have any ideas on what you would like to see we would sure be grateful. And if some of you have ideas for sites that would be awsome also. Thanks
 
Detectorists wives and gold diggers.

Would focus on the relationship between wives, detectorists, trophy wives,
sugar babies.

You know, all the girls you can meet while out in the field with your detector. 8)
Just an idea for another show. :sunny:

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE
 
how about not having a show at all. and who from the production company called you? i'd like his number to shoot off a few ideas of my own. i was thinking a video game would be more entertaining than a television show.
 
Cool they are trying to re assess the show !

not sure I Can give much help other then to suggest
they try to avoid Exaggeration of Values,
and try to not even talk that it's a money thing that drives them.

the more people Think those Rotting Relics are going to make us rich
the less likely home & property owners are going to give carte blanche to their land.

although it's a start not sure what else to advise, archies will be upset
whether you talk history or value.

And definitely talk Proper Permission, & digging .

One more Thing, Please avoid PA at least till I Give the show a 100% :thumbsup:
 
just thought of a P.S.

Can Tabs, Zinc Pennies, Lumps of Aluminum foil & Rusted Iron Trash.
It's there. Show It !
 
Might mention the ratio of pulltabs to "treasures".
Grey
 
Sorry one more thing :tongue3:


RE:
Please avoid PA at least till I Give the show a 100%
thumbsup.gif


I Hope you know I Mean the show's cameras, Not you's.
you's are welcome anytime :occasion14:
 
how about a show were you volunteer to help the "archies" on a site. Maybe do some nugget shooting.
 
Please also reconsider the acronym's. They are disturbung, very disturbing
 
Humdinger; threshold remains steady with a good target tone.
Ring-a-dinger; Possible valuable ring tone.
Ding-a-linger; that lingering “twang” sound that’s associated with foil wrappers.
Pop & Stop; Solid target tone with the threshold dropping out.
Beeper Peeper; Short, sharp, chirp tone.
Crap Zap; Iron tone or complete null.
Ping Ponger; Multiple targets.

Kid down the street said he’d create a few more if you need them. :thumbsup: Said he was all juiced up. :laughing7:
 
How about a show showing you guys assisting on some lost item recoveries? I'm sure you could find some lost items on Craigslist or LostMyStuff Group.

Another idea is to show you donating finds to a museum - for most of us, it's not about the money we can make from finds. Focus some more on the history of items you find.

Please show responsible recovery techniques - no backhoes like that "other" show!

Wayne
 
I would like to see a show that is reality at its finest. Show everything involved in the hunt. Bug swarms, excessive heat and humidity, the cold and rain, Getting rejected when asking for permission to hunt. Show the whole 9 yards. I've seen this show, and one thing I can say about you two, you are definitely enthusiastic, and there is nothing wrong with that!

Best of luck,
Bill
 
If you want to know how your show should look, watch the show "Lucky Muckers" over and over until it sinks in.
 
how about a show were you volunteer to help the "archies" on a site. Maybe do some nugget shooting.

Agreed. If they will not present the truth of our passion, then they do not need our help.
 
How bout an episode where they dig stuff they are interested in and preserve items and add them to there own personall collections.

Never ever plant items in an attempt to make the show more interesting.
 
No items were planted in our episodes, I promise you all that. As for value of items I think they are thinkng of how to get rid of that and still make it interesting so expect some bets to still be made with crazy stuff to be done if lost. I was a gold prospector before a coin hunter so there is talk of doing a show or two on our mining claims finding some gold. I enjoyed lucky muckers but admttedly got board when he wasnt finding much so there you have it.
 
:occasion18:ITS A SHOW; ENTERTAINMENT; MAKE MONEY.

SOMEONE TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK.:sleepy2:
 
Last edited:
how about a show were you volunteer to help the "archies" on a site. Maybe do some nugget shooting.

I'm thinking this would be a bad idea. "Unless" you could find one or two who isn't afraid of publicly supporting artifact collectors, Mder's, salvers, etc., who are in it to "also" make a buck when the opportunity arises. Nothing wrong with that. If they could find the right archeologist then that would really be special and worth watching...i.e, "the best of both worlds". But I doubt they could get any of these archeologist to go public with that support. :dontknow:
 
Well, can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not in this "sport", for the money! I relish the hunt and what might come to light at anytime ,anywhere! My post on this site, under "todays finds"----here's something different----is a prime example of that. Those pieces don't have any significant historical value, but there part of americana that hasn't been around for many decades now, and once again they have seen the light of day and will not end up in a card board box, on a shelf, in a warehouse!
How about an episode or two or whatever that shows that sometimes it's not all about the almighty dollar.
Ratings! Is that the bottom line in all of this for tv?
I don't get the NatGeo channel, Diggers is on there no? But from the guys on the forum here, Diggers seems to be more "acceptable" than American Diggers.
I've seen American Diggers, what a freak'n farce!
2SCREWED, above, had a good idea, a show with cooperation between the volunteers and the "Archies"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom