What's new

Need some help for Diggers show

I wish the show would just go away.
I don't think your silly sayings are funny but obviously you do?
I don't think it is funny you are licking jelly fish and wearing dresses.
I guess I grew up and you haven't.
OH Yeah actually get permission from the real owners to hunt a property.
 
......get a real job.........
 
I did get a chance to see this show on Nat Geo, produced by Half Yard Productions. Didn't like it. Here is why.

It will never be an easy task to make metal detecting interesting to watch. It's fun to do. But about as fun to watch as watching paint dry.
One of your hosts seems to be downright ******ed. I'll let you decide which one.

Not every reality show can be a hit. I'd suggest cutting your losses and letting this one fall into obscurity. I'd rather not spend half and hour watching some dork have a man-gasm every time he unearths a corroded nickel.

Look at some of the more popular reality shows right now. Like "Gold Rush" or "Storage Wars". These are other shows with people out to make a profit. Things that the viewer might get excited to go out and try themselves. Sweeping a metal detector around all day to get a few coins and relics of little to no value is not going to get your viewing audience excited.
 
ok ok im only being facetious here but what happpens when we see this...... " Wow, this largemouth bass is about 5 pounds, should be able to get 20 dollars for it at the fish pawn shop" ok im bored lol!!
 
I really love to hear all of you making some sort of excuse as to why the show shouldnt air, Get a job, quit talking a certian way, dont do anything crazy so people will think your having fun. Oh and we are the dumb ones Huh. I really dont want to get into it as most of the same people that have issues with the show are pretty closed minded and that aint gonna change. No worries if you dont want to help with show ideas then dont maybe you can team up on facebook with the archies and contact the sponsors to get all metal detecting banned as we are all looters anyway. HH to all, even the geezers.
 
UH, SORRY....THAT WAS THE PUNCHLINE FOR THAT "OTHER" METAL DETECTING JOKE I KNOW!
 
My self i don't see how you can make a detecting show entertaining..... And all that Diggers and American Diggers are is pretty boreing........... And to Montanagold why do you keep putting down the old geezers here ...... You must have a real hate for senior citizens the way you put them down now and then...... You should join Obama on his death squad for senior citzens ..... We could get rid of all the old one's then.......
 
Last edited:
MG

You made a mistake by coming here and explaining yourself. It opens one up to all kinds of scrutiny suspicions and personal attacks.

Most famous people maintain a barrier between themselves and the general public. Choose a side, stay or get the hell out:)

Best

Indy
 
"I'll make you famous"
gun_barrel_05_lg.webp

Billy the Kid
 
"I'll make you famous"
View attachment 627272

Billy the Kid

That barrel has some serious deformations. It needs a good gunsmith to reem a cone to the barrel. It's accuracy must suck like it is.

OK, back to the thread where MG is telling us we are stupid because 99% of us hated his show.
 
Gold Digging will definitely be one of good subject for your diggers show.
 
I really love to hear all of you making some sort of excuse as to why the show shouldnt air, Get a job, quit talking a certian way, dont do anything crazy so people will think your having fun. Oh and we are the dumb ones Huh. I really dont want to get into it as most of the same people that have issues with the show are pretty closed minded and that aint gonna change. No worries if you dont want to help with show ideas then dont maybe you can team up on facebook with the archies and contact the sponsors to get all metal detecting banned as we are all looters anyway. HH to all, even the geezers.

You keep sinking yourself every time you type. Your concept is flawed. Two guys metal detecting is NOT a weekly show, and when you try and "spice it up" to draw in a younger demographic, you lose your bread and butter demographic - White males, 38-64. Not only do you not understand TV, you don't even know who your audience is. Acting stupid on YouTube and selling T-shirts does not - and never will, translate to National TV. Even Chicago Ron's "Lucky Muckers" was pretty boring. It was a lot more interesting than your show - because Ron comes across as an intelligent man that is in love with his hobby, but it isn't a show I would watch every week. Insulting the 90-percent of hobbyists that are telling you "Diggers" doesn't work and is actually hurting our hobby just shows you really don't have a clue. Kinda like asking for advice AFTER the fact...
 
How about a reality show about a Has been Rock Star who talks like
he's had one too many hits of Crack.

His wife & kids can wear so much makeup you can't tell male from Female.

Everyone can walk around carrying Mutts, While squeezing their dogs Genitals,
so they don't get peed on.

oh wait a minute it has been done, and
guess what.... it failed.

My guess so will the detecting shows, even faster
unless they hire a tranie, or a 500 pound tattooed woman with
a bad attitude, pigtails
and a bone in her nose to do the detecting.
 
Last edited:
My guess so will the detecting shows, even faster
unless they hire a tranie, or a 500 pound tattooed woman with
a bad attitude, pigtails
and a bone in her nose to do the detecting.

I'll watch American Diggers if they hire Dog, the Bounty Hunters wife to do some detecting and digging while topless.

The difference between Diggers and American Diggers is the Diggers guys actually dug up junk like nails and bottle caps, while Rick Savage only digs up extremely "valuable" relics.
If the producers of American Diggers wanted to inject a real dose of "reality" into their program (I'm sure they don't) they'd show one of these "Antique" dealers offer Rick Savage $5. for his pile of junk and then tell him that if he doesn't like it go try selling the stuff to a scrap metal dealer!
 
If the producers of American Diggers wanted to inject a real dose of "reality" into their program (I'm sure they don't) they'd show one of these "Antique" dealers offer Rick Savage $5. for his pile of junk and then tell him that if he doesn't like it go try selling the stuff to a scrap metal dealer!

:coffee2:
 
First off I didnt just start coming here to get info for the show, I have been on this forum for longer than most of the haters have been here. Im not looking for anything special, I have had some very good PM's from people with great ideas, Im just trying to help out the producer in finding out what all people want to see as well as fellow detectorists. have said this many times and if any of nyou would do a little homework on anacondatreasure you would know that this isnt our first ball game, we havent just put out you tube vids and sold shirts we have sold metal detecting DVD's for over 6 years now and have a very close following of fans. We are not selling out or bringing unnessary light to our great hobby. We are just trying to entertain while we dig up some great stuff. No bombs or boom babys but yes we have our own way of doing it and it has worked for our 6 DVD series so why stop now. As for the geriatric population I love you all dearly, Thats why my ( real job ) is a nursing home administrator, just seems that most of the detectorists who say they have been detecting for like 45 years dont want to see any changes or crazy stuff when it comes to detecting They are afraid that someone wont let them look for new quarters at the local park anymore. some of you dont want to see any show at all but most do because like myself we just like to watch anything about what we do even if its an ex wrestler yelling boom baby, ill still watch. Gold prospecting on my claims is a real possability for future shows. Anyway if any of you have an area in your neiborgood that just seems impossable to get permission for and has some great history to it shoot me a line and I will get your info to the producer. Thanks again all... :0)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom