What's new

need some help wit the Whtiman books....

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
hey guys
just started filling the whitman books. Only problem is its real hard to get the coins into the holes. It seems like im breaking the book just to get the coins in. AM i doing something wrong or is that just the way they are?
keith
 
Upvote 0
me too ....big dents and sore fingers....i think its just cause they're crappy ;D
 
mistergee said:
me too ....big dents and sore fingers....i think its just cause they're crappy ;D

Yep I have the same problem, but in my nickel folder its the opposite!!! The coins just fall out everytime I open it up, and its a brand new one too boot!!! If somebody wants a million dollar idea, improve upon those piece s of crap whitman folders, but keep the price down to drive them outta business!!!!! ;D
 
If you can I would get an album instead. Most dealers will sell you used albums pretty cheap. But if you want to use the folders just put one edge of the coin in the slot and press on the opposite side of the coin until it goes in. The problem with the folder is once you put a coin in a slot it is sometimes harder to get a better version to fit in the hole.

65GT350
 
Dansco has great books that shows both sides of the coin.
A Little bit pricey but worth it.
 
I've also heard about acids in the cardboard of Whitmans damaging coin in long-term storage. Asked a coin dealer about this but he played dumb. Bought the Whitmans anyhow as I have no high-value coins to begin with, just silver.
 
OmegaMan said:
Dansco has great books that shows both sides of the coin.
A Little bit pricey but worth it.
Fistfulladirt said:
I've also heard about acids in the cardboard of Whitmans damaging coin in long-term storage. Asked a coin dealer about this but he played dumb. Bought the Whitmans anyhow as I have no high-value coins to begin with, just silver.



Both of you guys are absoutly right on the head, use the dansco albums & the whitmans in the long run will acid damage on the coins!
If you want a quality collections, go with the above advice!

Chris
 
This might work and it might not.

I had a dime folder like that... I took an crappy clad dime and used a flat head screwdriver to go into each hole. I then push it out to use the same dime over the whole book. It made the holes just a little bigger so the good dimes would go in easier.

You have to loosen up the hole to get it in sometimes.

-SWUSC
 
I think all whitman books are hard to insert the coin , but they should not fall out.
 
I just bought a whole slew of Whitman folders and for the most part they were easy to get in. Some though, I had to tap in with a small hammer (no lie). I've found that the bigger the coin, the easier they are to get in.
 
Like stated above, use the edge to start putting them in. It also helps to lay the book down on a hard surface when doing it, or the book can buckle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom