What's new

Need Sword ID, Age, Value, Etc...as much as you guys can tell me about it

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
1,407
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I friend sent me these pictures and wants to know what this is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • sword2.webp
    sword2.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 303
  • sword1.webp
    sword1.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 305
Any makers mark? on blade??(not that i can see)on sheath??? you may want to check out ARMSTOARMOR.COM...A very informative site!(i'm not that computer savvy as to add the link!)hope this helps(the site that is!)
 
Upvote 0
Except for the hand guard it looks exactly like my civilwar calvary sword. I think you may have a keeper. There are fakes out there and I am no expert on swords but from the picture it looks good.
 
Upvote 0
It sure does look like this Model 1840 Cavalry Sabre doesn't it?

Would be pretty cool if it was. I need to get some more information on it. Thanks Duggap

http://www.relicman.com/w1018.htm#W1018

I guess my next question is how do I tell if it is a replica?
 
Upvote 0
looks like an old wristbreaker type model --- 1840 model calvary sword

easy how did you come by it? -- area found--- over all markings --there is many ways to id a fake / replica
 
Upvote 0
Very nice. initial opinion from me is probably an original. From its appearance. But then the repos will fool even an expert.
DG
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
looks like an old wristbreaker type model --- 1840 model calvary sword

easy how did you come by it? -- area found--- over all markings --there is many ways to id a fake / replica

Unfortunately its not in my possession...yet. A friend found it in his deceased grandfather's attic and sent me a few pictures to see if I knew anything about it.

I am trying to find out if there is any writing or symbols on the blade or wrist guard, I will let you guys know as soon as I find out.
 
Upvote 0
sounds very interesting indeed
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom