What's new

new beach detector

guyfawks

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Just sold a tesoro sand shark (dont know why it was a good machine) now looking for a replacement, thinking about the garrett mk 2 or to try a vlf machine for beach use only, any thoughts?
 
Upvote 0
You sold your sand shark with a life time warrant and your thinking about buy Mk2 with 2 year warrant. Are you nuts ?? You want an VLF, don't buy an AT PRO. Don't get me wrong, the AT PRO is a very good VLF detector for fresh water only. Or you can buy an excel 2, very good detector in fresh or salt water, but cost 2.5 time more than all 3 of the other detectors. you can buy the AT PRO ,sand shark and Sea hunter mk2 for under $640. The excel 2 $1500.
 
Needed the cash at the time. Now thinking about the fisher cz 21, any thoughs. Thanks for replying... appreciate it
 
CZ-21 is a VLF detector and won't go but about half the depth that the Sand Shark will go.
 
CZ-21 is a VLF detector and won't go but about half the depth that the Sand Shark will go.

Not sure I understand that one! I found a pull tab at 12" today in wet sand. Not being smart just looking for info here.
 
12 inches is not very deep. I dig pennies at 18 inches with my sand shark
 
Ron Lord is right of course. I've used all the water detectors except the JW. Fisher 6 and the Infinium. The pulse detectors are the deepest with the Excal and CZ-21 and older 20 next for deepest. But your best bet is the Sand Shark again and not the Sea Hunter. If you need the warranty its free for life.
 
I just bought A CZ 21 to compare it to my Excal and it tested equally at the same depth. Don't sell the CZ short, it is a heck of a detector and can be bought for south of $1,000. and you won't have to dig all the trash on the beach.
 
Last edited:
Will stay with the pulse detector, but the warranty for the sand shark is useless in the UK. May buy on again with the 10in coil. Anyone send me one from the states as a gift. Import duty is a killer
 
Other than having a life time warranty/price, would the Sand Shark still be the best bet, or would the Sea Hunter Mark ll be?
 
Last edited:
I own a Sea Hunter, and it's as deep as the Sand Shark I tested it against. In addition the SH has changeable coils and headphones with the over size coil being 10 X 14. I talked to one of the divers last year at the Mel Fisher Museum and I asked him what detectors they were using now....answer, the Sea Hunter. After finding and still finding over $400 million in treasure I guess they can afford what works, so I bought a SH and not a bit sorry. Anybody can hunt with what they want, me, I like what the professionals use.

As for a comment made the a SS is twice as deep as a VLF...that is NOT the case or everybody would be using PI's
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom