epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I collect bottles from Paterson NJ but the one thing they lack is diversity of color, there are a few but mainly aqua and amber. Last year I won a "find a word" contest on another site and I won a Hathorn Springs Mineral Water from Saratoga in a nice green color.

I was then lucky enough to fins a listing for a broup of 12 bottles dug in a privy in Louisville on Ebay that was poorly written and had no listing for the actual bottles in the lot. I paid $195 for the group and resold 3 of the bottles for $250, putting me in the black with 8 other bottles to sell or trade and allowing me to keep a beautiful dark amber Templeton Cream Ale mugbase quart. Again my cost was nothing.

I then sold one of the remaining bottles from the group, and after seeing who the Ebayer was I knew he also sold bottles. Turns out he had another big old quart that I was interested in, so I contacted him to see if we could cancel the transaction on Ebay and just trade bottle for bottle, and he was more than willing. Who the heck wants to give Ebay their hard earned money, right???
I had to toss in two hutches that I had doubles of in my Paterson collection and the trade was done. I ended up with the beautiful Schaefer & Meyer quart blob with applied lip you see below, and again it cost me nothing.

Lastly I did another trade getting rid of a small 6 sided pontiled ink, aqua with no embossing, for two Congress & Empire Springs bottles. One pint and yet another great quart in green, I'll use the pint in a trade or sale to acquire another Paterson bottle or for another quart to go along with the beauties you see below. I now have some great color, big beefy bottles that I like, and at the right price....HAPPY HUNTING!!!

391300_10150955383440755_1411206453_n.jpg $(KGrHqN,!lsE+G!hufSUBP16v!WWl!~~60_57.jpg 2413407134.JPG $(KGrHqN,!okE9mgm+JSvBP1PrQijkg~~60_57.jpg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some awesome wheelin' an' dealin' right there. epackage that Louisville KY honey amber blob-top bomber is off the hook.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, I'm happy to have them all but that Templeton Cream Ale is my Fave because of the mugbase. Thanks for the kind words...

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful bottles! Nice glass!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kick-ass bartering and trading, great bottles and great dealing!
Carl

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Carl, here is what I have amassed now in a window, they will find their way to my picture window with all day sunlight very soon... 2413407241.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions