New detector help.

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi all,

I've been away from the metal detecting circuit for a a couple of years, now i want to come back, but i had to sell my detectors due to financial difficulties.

Now things are sorted i want to buy a new detector mainly for coin shootin and relic hunting on farmland and in the woods. Occasionally also beaches.

I was looking at the Tesoro Compadre but having trouble finding a seller in England. Can anyone recommend a detector with good depth that would meet my requirements? Im still on a budget so i can't afford anything over £150 - £200 at a push.

In the past i made the mistake of buying ornamental detectors (look ok but no good to use) off ebay but now i want a good detector, thats going to last me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are still good detectors on ebay and Craig's List. The trick is to get a good one at a good price. The Tesoro Compadre is an entry level unit and as such does not get great depth at over six to eight inches on a coin. While still a good coin shooter, it might have trouble on beaches unless you stick to the dry sand.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Ok cheers ill have a look. Can anyone recommend a group a detectors that you could recommend for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

OP
OP
S

Sadams1980

Dec 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Hi again could anyone give me any advice on the Whites Prizm IV & V detectors and the Garrett Ace 250. These are the ones that i am torn between. But i can't decide which one i want to be able to go as deep as possible.

Happy hunting
Sean

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
the prizms are pretty good but you cannot get a smaller coil for them other than the 8 in. that comes on the 4. the ace is a hot machine for the price, then there is the fisher f-2 with a fast processor and handle mineralized soil conditions pretty well

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well since your in the UK look into the XP range to.
Get in touch with Regton they are super to deal with. :thumbsup:
Look at ebay, there are lot's of machines for sale in the UK. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread