Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They got a chest in the cave!

Nova2512

Aug 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND : Programs : Discovery Channel : Discovery Press Web

Any programme (program) that fails to recognise the difference between HORDE and HOARD gives me little confidence in the quality and production values. :laughing7:

People make mistakes. Pretty much every website I go to, including major ones like Fortune 500 companies, have typos and use the wrong sending them. Even on this thread, the user Frankie had many typos and twice used the word their instead of there. It happens. And to Frankie who said that if they found it it would've been in the news, in shows like this everyone on the cast and crew have to sign nondisclosure agreements saying that if they find the treasure they're not allowed to say anything to the press or family members or anyone until after The series finale. That is a staple with all reality shows. Reality Shows where they are taped, and at the end somebody is crowned the winner, they are not allowed to tell anybody if they want to or not. And there have been a couple shows around the world where they did actually find what they were looking for, and they did not tell anybody until after the last episode aired

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I saw it yesterday. The hot clue using the Southern Cross as a direction guide.
My question is why would they go up to that cave to carve a location code when the treasure cave is further down the hill?
That would make the clue harder to find than the cache! Sometimes you just wonder about things. Hay they are really beating on that snake guy. I think he holds the record for the most damage so far. Frank
PICTURE PUZZLE #2_edited-1.jpg
Here's something to work on till the next show.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still stuck on why would a group of people would hide a valuable treasure, then go pound the hell out of a bunch of rocks, that are not supposed to move, telling everyone where the treasure is?

Just doesn't make sense, in any century.

I'm the kind of viewer that enjoys the actual research, history and hunt without all the inserted/edited hoo-ha. (probably makes me a minority)

But the rocks- I can't get past it. Who pounds rocks telling everybody, in common and understood language/symbology, where the treasure is hidden?

Who?

And then expect the treasure to still be there, while there are Fred Flintstone map publications scattered about?

I fell asleep during the first 15 commercials. My wife tells me that nobody on the team has a watch.

They didn't know how long it would take to get back to the boat and had to sleep in the brush with the snakes.

Somebody should get them a watch.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They got a chest in the cave!

yep & that will be the ending of the First season.

The one guy will say "Oh My God !"
then they will show the Wood &the season will be over.

If there is a season 2 they will show that it's just a Piece of wood
about 30 minutes into the first episode
of season 2 after all the recaps of season one.
and say "It must have been moved...
The search will continue :laughing7:

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess they survive the night sleeping with the snakes, if they go on on to discover a wooden box filled with what?....more directions to the next clue?
Sure as heck doesn't contain the treasure! Probably their pay checks for season one.

Snake guy must really be bored, he keeps doing all the kind of antics he tells the others not to do. He has an "oops" in just about every episode. He grabbed a vine, it broke and he fell, didn't land on a snake...lest not yet.

Did their "map" show where the cave with the symbol was, or where the treasure cave is supposed to be?

Ok so they discover a box, this is the last episode...so what drives them from the Island, and is it before or after they discover the treasure hoard? Is it weather, pirates, snake bite, they're out of beer? Or perhaps they find more info in the box and have to do more world wide research and each is sent home for the winter with homework?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
If someone from the show would PM me your details, I have an old watch I'd be willing to mail you.

(for safety's sake of course)

mjak

Feb 18, 2007
I like this show. Irregardless of how real it is I am enjoying watching it. From what I have read online the cast is legitimate as is the Island and they claim it is unscripted. I liked the Oak Island show as well. Even if these shows lack technically I enjoy watching shows about treasure hunting and am glad to see them. Even I can't give kudos to the superstition mountain treasure show. That was like a badly acted and scripted piece of nonsense, IMO. I am rooting for Snake Island to deliver a treasure.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snake Island has been the most interesting !
however the editing leaves allot to be desired .
I do not like that they end each show with the Ending of the next show.
& the rehashes take up way too much time.

last few weeks I also noticed they do the same as the others.
at about 45 minutes in they have a commercial.
at 50 minutes in they have a 30 second bit which is more like an interview.
One of the players talking.
then they go back to commercials.
at about 55 Minutes in they come back show 2 Minutes more Then a dramatic preview,
Which won't be resolved till 2 more episodes.

Each show ends up with a total 15 to 20 minutes of New film.
The whole season would fit on a 90 Minute DVD

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Jeff. This is one of the most believable shows but the commercials and filler are a tad annoying.
I bet it would be very interesting and entertaining if it were shown in it's entirety, with only a couple of breaks. Guess I don't like my treasure shows in "sound bites". Streaming is better for adventures.

Who knows GIB maybe the treasure is a watch and they find out they're out of time.

By the way, where is our thread starter, Shipwrekhunter? Do we need to send out a rescue team?

Last edited:

Lisarez66

Dec 5, 2014
EastCoast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher
GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liked the show, hoping another season is scheduled. Would like to see a flamethrower used, specially in the caves :)

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya
I realy liked it when that idiot climbed on the vine,and it broke giving him a bloody head !
The only part i did not think was coached.
The music is so darn loud ,i can`t hear what they say....probably better like that.
Gary

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the show and i know a lot of you like this part of the show .. Treasure_Quest_Snake_Island_Mehgan_Heaney-Grier_bikini_modeling_photo_.jpg ..Click on photo for larger view..

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next season they could take the Diggers along, and get "King George" to prance through the brush and roll on the ground when he finds a nail. Heck, I'll even donate a cob to see that.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well then, I have to admit I was wrong.

They do have watches, they did recognize that a bad decision was made on timing. (rerun of the show on Saturday afternoon, I stayed awake this time)

So- they made a mistake with not going back to the boat on time. Let's make the best of it.

But- alas... it leaves me with other questions, perhaps someone has the answer.

If you are going exploring on the island, climbing down in caves, through dense brush, why would you be packing a hammock?

1. Where did he carry the hammock? I saw his backpack. No hammock sticking out.

2. Who's hauling all the water? 6 pounds per gallon, 6-8 people sweating heavily in the dense brush, need oh say, a gallon or two a day. They are going to be there a couple of days.

3. Who's hauling the food? Nobody seems to be hungry.

4. Who hauled in the tent with the rain fly Meghan was inside of?

5. Why would you just happen to have this in your backpack?

Does the crew have local Porters? The camera crew already has a heavy load. Who's feeding them?

It is an interesting show, with lots of curiosities.

I hope they find a treasure.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe next season they could take the Diggers along, and get "King George" to prance through the brush and roll on the ground when he finds a nail. Heck, I'll even donate a cob to see that.
Then i would have to quit watching the show i absolutely will not watch metal detecting shows on TV or on youtube .. These ones on Snake Island are not normal people they are all wealthy people and as you know all wealthy people do not live in the real world You know the working mans world ........ Now that Mehgan on the show moonlights as a super model has been on almost all late night talk shows ..And has been wrote up in many different magazine's

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then i would have to quit watching the show i absolutely will not watch metal detecting shows on TV or on youtube .. These ones on Snake Island are not normal people they are all wealthy people and as you know all wealthy people do not live in the real world You know the working mans world ........ Now that Mehgan on the show moonlights as a super model has been on almost all late night talk shows ..And has been wrote up in many different magazine's

You missed the point, Keppy. I'd like to see the last of KG.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the "falling in the bush and rolling around" part, with the local wild life...slither, slither.

Ok what do you think is in the box? A piece of paper with more clues, a small treasure trinket,...pay checks for the past episodes? What? Ah! I know! It's a new bikini for Mehgan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread