New from Memphis...

MountainDewed

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I was laying on the beach one day and woke up to this beep, beep and was a lovely young lady that detected the steel plate in my head. Luckily I awoke before she started digging with her...er...J/K :tongue3:

I'm new to the treasure hunt hobby but have been wanting to get in for many years. I am sitting at home waiting for my dang birth certificate to come in so I can get my drivers license(story I wish not to think about). While I wait I am going to purchase an inexpensive one until I can save up for a better one. When I can afford the better one, I have been doing a bunch of reading on them and am liking the Tesoro Vaquero one but there are a few others that interest me also.

I'm here in Memphis and wanted to ask if the Ground EFX Swarm Series MX100 for $100 used would be an ok price? I know it's not a recommended brand but was wondering if it's a bad one or not? This is my max $ spending and will probably go with the BH Tracker IV since I can get one for about $78 total if the EFX is no good. Again I am on a tight budget until my BC comes in but I need to get out and do something and what could be better...bestest fun than Treasure Hunting?

I checked CL and is where the EFX is but if anyone knows another classified or lives in Memphis that has one for sale, I'd luv to hear from ya! 8-)

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to this Party! I check my local craigslist all the time. I am not familiar with the one you listed. I think anything you start with will still have to be learned and if you plan to upgrade later then at least your started finding the buried treasure.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, New York! Do yourself a favor and WAIT! Do not buy a metal detector because it's cheap. The cheapest detector I would buy is the Tesoro Compadre at $160.00. It is a GOOD machine, built tough, Lifetime Warranty for the original owner, and it finds gold jewelry and silver coins.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the team ... :wav:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread