New from NJ - Want to help!

danramosd

Apr 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, my name is Dan and I'm a software engineer from NJ. I just recently started reading about mining and it seems every time I learn something new i have a 100 new questions! My main reason for learning about mining is to help create a service that would make the average miners day easier. From what I could tell so far, claim prospecting can be a difficult and tedious process. I've seen and heard a lot about services like LR2000, minecache and footprints. From what I can tell, there are a lot of issues with these services whether its the availability of the service, easy of use, lack of features, bugs, inaccurate data, etc. I'm hoping to work closely with someone in the field, who is experienced with these services and is able to guide me into what is needed to create a far superior service.

So with all of that being said, is anyone interested or willing to chat with me about the process of claim prospecting and how it can be improved?

(footnote - claim prospecting was the first service I came across that I thought could be improved. If there are other services you wish were created or improved upon when it comes to mining I'm more than open to hear about those)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Happy Hunting in 2015.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the forum ... :thumbsup:

StBarbara

Apr 7, 2015
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Garrett Pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Dan, welcome! Glad to have another engineer in the neighborhood. I'm new here, just getting into the fun hobby of metal detecting. I'm especially enjoying the historical and present-day research to identify promising areas to detect, so I have been checking out the non-profit website called Land Matters. The folks who started that website are members here at TNet, and they are developing interesting content-management technology for access to maps, articles, and other resources for land-related research.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread