New from North Dakota

SageRider

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2017
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say hi to everyone. I'm fairly new to metal detecting (although I detected "several" years ago), but now I'm semi-retired and want to take it up again.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new detector (probably a BH LRP) as I have seen many good reviews, and basically it a good "bang for the buck". Plan on detecting in the NW part of ND (my roots are there) on old family homesteads. Hoping to find old coins and my class ring which I lost on my dad's parents homestead in the 70's.

Look forward to learning more.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Dakota for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from So Cal Why the Bounty Hunter? I haven't heard any great things about them. None of my business but just curious

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from NC....be sure and keep us up to date on your finds. Even if all you find is sunflower's potatoes and beats we want to know!

OP
OP
S

SageRider

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2017
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trdking, the reason I chose the BHLRP is because you get he best "bang for the buck". After looking at several reviews and comparisons with other MD's, I chose the LRP. The day I received it (Thursday) I went into my backyard and used Coin Mode (there are 7 modes and 3 of them are customizable), I found a Bicentennial 50¢ and 1960 Roosevelt dime within 15 minutes. The dime was about 7" down and the 50¢ was about 5" down. The LRP identified both of them accurately and at the correct depth.

Since the LRP is new to me the learning of the LRP will take practice. It has lived up to all of the reviews and for the cost I think it is the best out there, other than some Teknetics devices.

I will need to watch TheHunterGT youtube videos to shorten the learning curve. Thanks to his reviews and others, I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from CT!!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad to have you with us dude, I love ND such open freedom!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T-Net from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread