Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how many of us newbies got Metal Detectors for Christmas? Hello everyone. I got a Garrett 250 Ace for Christmas after loads of research then telling Santa what I wanted. I have also just pre-ordered a Garrett Pro pointer AT. After all the reviews for the Pro Pointer stating that "I don't know how I got by without it," I figured I didn't want to be saying that in my review, so I just sprang for one. For anyone who wants to know the Pro-Pointer AT will become available from the manufacturer in February.
My first detector was a Radio Shack Treasure Finder that I got when I was about 10 years old. I don't think I ever found anything with it though. The recent urge to get into this hobby came about very suddenly one day, and I have no idea what triggered it. Anyway here I am. I've been spending the winter researching all the historical areas around Syracuse and hope to get out to them when the weather turns warmer.
I have some other outdoorsy hobbies as well. I was really into Geocaching for about 6 years. Geocaching is really great for finding historical places in your area. I have found a lot of old foundations in the middle of the woods while searching for caches in and around Syracuse. I guess Metal Detecting is the next logical step from finding stuff that others can find, to finding stuff that no one has found, that's pretty amazing.
I also design, build and fly my own RC airplanes. It's pretty easy but really rewarding to take flat foam and build something out of it that will fly out of your hands. These planes also have a tendency to crash into the ground at a high rate of speed so the metal detector may come in handy to retrieve motors and batteries. I also fly FPV-what some people call drones, and Quadcopters. I am a scuba diver as well although I don't think I would ever do this while underwater as the investment in that would be way beyond what I would consider affordable.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Doc,

Welcome to the forum!

Doc

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :hello2:

JrMack

Feb 16, 2014
steuben co. ny
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, x-terra 305/505/705,discovery TF 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from corning NY

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Doc!

Have a great time in 2015!

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread