New guy thinks hes going to hit the mother load!!!

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New guy thinks he's going to hit the mother load!!!

Ha if I'm lucky! I just wanted to drop you guys a quick intro. Here's a little background first. I'm new to metal detecting. I'm also located in Georgetown, TX. I saw a few other central TX members on here. I already have a list going to places to hit. We have some decent history (est 1848) along with parks, sports fields, Southwestern University (est 1840), and a historic downtown. I also have a couple places known only to me. :)

I have an old Fisher metal detector that my dad bought at an auction when I was a kid (30 now). It has the J shaped handle with a button on the end (still don't know what that button does). I haven't played with it in years and don't intend to hunt with it. It's pretty heavy and takes a lot of D cell batteries from what I remember. However, I'm told that it does still work so I guess it can be a backup. I'm planning on buying a Tesoro Compadre. For the sake of not straying from intros, I started another thread in the Tesoro section.

I'm glad to be on here. All your finds are a great motivation! Thanks everyone!!!

Carl

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes the Newbies have all the Luck :laughing7:

Ya never Know :icon_thumleft:

Welcome !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes the Newbies have all the Luck :laughing7:

Ya never Know :icon_thumleft:

Welcome !

Either have all the luck or they dont understand what they are doing wrong because they haven't found a gold ring after 3 weeks of hunting...LOL..

Welcome aboard agrunner..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from florida.

OP
OP
A

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. The Compadre is on order which is exciting! I got my hands on the old Fisher. It's a M-95. From what I read, it isn't the best for hunting bc it doesn't discriminate. Good thing the Compadre is on its way!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the site. If you are doing great then fine, but if not then head down to the Broken Spoke this weekend. You have a better than average shot of getting lucky there...

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I used to live in Georgetown!
Great town.. I love the town square and the Christmas parade.
Digging in Wyoming now.
Good luck!
-Mark-

OP
OP
A

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I used to live in Georgetown!
Great town.. I love the town square and the Christmas parade.
Digging in Wyoming now.
Good luck!
-Mark-

Wow that's crazy! Small world out there! The square is very nice. Hopefully I can produce some results here. Speaking of which, I just discovered something exciting. There was an old homestead literally right next door to my house. The hand dug well is still there. I can't wait to hunt it!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread