What's new

New Hobby

rf23_04

Greenie
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Il
Last year I stumbled upon a Morgan and Peace dollar after a relative of mine passed away and ever since I've thought about trying to stockpile some old US silver coins. I've only been roll hunting for about 2 weeks and so far I've had some decent finds. I never realized how many coins you actually have to search to find some keepers. So far I've searched about $3000 worth (dimes, quarters,halves).

I've been searching this forum for the last few days reading through everyone's posts and it seems like a lot of people share their finds. Here's what I found today.

2 boxes of dimes: 8 Roosevelts & 1 Mercury

Yesterday

1 box of dimes: 3 Roosevelts
 

Attachments

  • S7003360.webp
    S7003360.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 345
  • S7003361.webp
    S7003361.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Yes, you have to go through a lot of coins to find the keepers. Remember it's been 51 years since they minted wheat cents and 45 years since they minted silver coins for circulation. Lots of them have been pulled out by CRH'ers during that time.

To get the cents and dimes shown in my profile I have searched 2.3 million cents and 850,000 dimes this year.
 
very nice

yours were brinks with paper wrappers? I need to go specifically ask for paper wraps... clear does not produce at all
 
No they were all plastic rolls. Ony paper ones I've got are customer rolls from one of my banks.
 
well then please keep posting results and post if are clear or not, I have done like 10 clear and have found 1 silver twice, i just look through plastic though... I think I have good eyes... but am thinking maybe my eyes suck and I miss the silver? do you open each roll or just look through the plastic?
 
I don't even bother opening them. If I see one that's questionable I'll take a closer look. Generally I just squeeze them out and then refill the roll (except when dumping at a bank with a counter)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom