New in Florida

PixelGirl

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I've been lurking here for the past few weeks and decided to finally introduce myself. As a little girl, my dad took me MD'ing many times in my home town in NE PA and often times I've thought about it and getting my own MD. He recently gave my son some of his coins and the bug hit hard. Several weeks ago, I purchased my first MD - an ACE 250 and ProPointer. I'm still getting to know it, but dug my very first coin last week - a 1921 Wheat Penny. Other than my yard and one other property I have permission for, I haven't ventured out any further, which I hope to before too long. I've learned a lot from you all so far and I look forward to learning so much more.

So far, I've found a lot of nails, beer cans, roofing nails, one lead weighted curtain pull, an old lawnmower gear looking wheel stop (per my husband), bolts, another wheat penny, and $0.21 in clad from a pocket spill near my driveway. I also found a nice surprise in a film canister that over the years I've put interesting foreign coins in. I saw it in my drawer and opened it up to find 8 Mercury Dimes with the oldest being a 1923. Funny thing is, I must have put them in there, but I have no idea when or even remember doing so. Was a very pleasant surprise!

Keely

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. What part of Fl. you in?

icon.gif

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from N.E. Ohio!

OP
OP
P

PixelGirl

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. What part of Fl. you in?

Thank you! I'm in the Jacksonville area. I just ordered a sand scoop yesterday and may head out to the beach on Sunday with the family to try our hand at that, too!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread