New member looking for advice from the experienced!

mdthomas321

Apr 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, and ladies... I'm looking to find out about the better detectors for both land and below water.
I'm a diver and looking to do some underwater exploration of some sites I know. I will check out the forums, but if anyone can fast track me to new info, it would be appreciated.
On that note, if anyone wants to collaborate with me on some exploration, I'd be interested. I can also train divers as well if you need that.
Thank you! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited by a moderator:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys, and ladies... I'm looking to find out about the better detectors for both land and below water.
I'm a diver and looking to do some underwater exploration of some sites I know. I will check out the forums, but if anyone can fast track me to new info, it would be appreciated.
On that note, if anyone wants to collaborate with me on some exploration, I'd be interested. I can also train divers as well if you need that, you can check on me at aquaticadiving.com
Welcome to TreasureNet...!
Sure, there others that can help here,
so Good Luck and Happy Hunting...!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On that note, if anyone wants to collaborate with me on some exploration, I'd be interested. I can also train divers as well if you need that.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet. I great and simple underwater detector in the Nokta Pulse Dive youj can get 2 coil sizes 5 inch oval and 8 inch oval. It is a great easy to learn and use detector and under 250 dollars.
What would you like to use one for ? Finding ???

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oregon! There are lots of experiences and lots of great advice from the members here!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard
mdthomas321! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mdthomas321, just FYI, to advertise your business website you would be required to be a paying supporting vendor. The website name was deleted, if you are interested let a mod know.​

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The OP has been a member here since 2012... a decade as of April.

But it doesnt hurt to "welcome"

Last edited:

sirwilliam

May 26, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Excalibur
I can recommend two or three underwater detectors. And that's because I run a shipwreck treasure diving business. One is the Fisher Labs 1280X which I have used on shipwreck sites all the way from the Bahamas to Mauritius Africa. Another one is the Garrett Sea Hunter and then there is the JW fishers top of the line underwater detector

sirwilliam

May 26, 2010
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Excalibur
I can recommend two or three underwater detectors. And that's because I run a shipwreck treasure diving business. One is the Fisher Labs 1280X which I have used on shipwreck sites all the way from the Bahamas to Mauritius Africa. Another one is the Garrett Sea Hunter and then there is the JW fishers top of the line underwater detector
If you're looking for an absolutely guaranteed place on the planet to bring up treasure in great amounts I can tell you where because I'm heading there in a few days and it's not in America nor the Caribbean nor the Mediterranean

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you're looking for an absolutely guaranteed place on the planet to bring up treasure in great amounts I can tell you where because I'm heading there in a few days and it's not in America nor the Caribbean nor the Mediterranean
I thought the Aquapulse was the best for professional treasure hunters.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aquascan AQ1B commercial kit with 15" high tech, deep sensing, submersible coil: housed in a strong waterproof Peli style case.

Aquascan Aquapulse AQ1B (15") Commercial Kit

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't know much about this stuff but I do have an opinion:
Cheap, handy and pretty effective - Nokta Macro Pulse Dive - Kellyco Inc - 189 USD each (I love these things.)
Expensive and very sensitive -what pretty much everyone on the 1715 Fleet uses as The Deep Seeking detector - AquaPulse AQ1b with an 8 or 10 inch coil. A 15" coil will find deeper targets, but you may well find that if you are not under a dig boat, you may well not be able to dig as deep as the detector will 'see'. From Kellyco, Inc - about 1600 USD barebones with a charger, bonephone and coil, but they are out of stock as of April 24, 2022.
The below were found with an AQ1b:

Attachments

• 20210802_202804.jpg
    20210802_202804.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, you got Fisher Jr for captain now on another boat?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread