New Metal Detector in the Pacific Northwest

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I'm in Washington state. I do a little bit of everything, photography, gold prospecting, and now metal detecting. Just got myself a Teknetics Delta 4000 and so far I'm having a blast. Prospecting is fun but very time consuming and tiring! So I decided to pick up a detector for quick fun trips when I feel like going without the backbreaking work of looking for gold. Hopefully I find lots of interesting stuff to share with you all!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome AlwaysBusy: You sound like me , with many interests but know M. D. can be backbreaking at times but I would not think as much as prospecting. GOOD LUCK

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey J
Welcome to Tnet from Watkins Glen N.Y.
The Teknetics Delta 4000 is a good detector looking forward to seeing some of your finds.
Gary

homestead hunter

Jan 12, 2013
St. Ignatius Montana
Detector(s) used
whites spectra V3i
whites gold master
cobra beach magnet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and I sound alot alike, but I've already found out md'ing can be a lot of work. Instead of one hole you dig and cover a lot of little holes, probably the same amout of dirt moved.

OP
OP
AlwaysBusyJ

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I took my first trip to try out my detector. I was pleasantly surprised by how accurate my machine seemed to work and how easy it was to figure out the basics. Had a great time, although my wife seemed pretty bored by it all at first... but thankfully she brought her camera so in no time she was wandering off taking pictures of every little bug and leaf she could find. I think I'm starting to see what you all were taking about with it not being as easy as it sounds! I did spend a good bit of time hunkered over digging up soda cans and various other bits of trash... but I did find a few interesting items. I'll make another post in the metal detecting forum with pics later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread