What's new

New Obsidian point that was a "walk by".....

curious kat

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,302
Reaction score
2,824
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...so we were walking one of our usual paths and there it was just sitting on top of the clay/dirt....just walked there the day before & didn't see it...don't know how we missed it? I picked it up and "gifted" the hubby...but I guess it's not all there, part is broken off? Man, it's Big :wink:... compared to our usual obsidian points.... of course I'm comparing them to the LARGE ones you guys find....:) RSCN6734.webp RSCN6595.webp
I'm adding this to the post...the part on the end that I thought was broken looks like it was made that way on purpose, like a "scraper"....does that mean it broke & they "reworked" it?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks identical to some Mississipian era points from this area.:thumbsup: I would post one but yours is just to pretty. I think it is a finished point. Nice find. Funny how one day they just appear.
A very nice find:thumbsup:
Very Nice! Add some notches and you have an excellent point to halft. Looks like a nice triangle or pre-form to me.
It looks all there to me??? Very nice find.



i agree that is one heck of a dang nice triangle
for me obsidian is very scarce and i don't think i will ever find one that nice

that is exceptional ........very nice

larson1951
 
Thanks for trying to find info. on it rock...think I'm going to post the ones that are "flat/unworked" on one side to see what you guys think...:) Oh...Tn...so nice of you to say that ::)...lol.....and, yah weird that they sometimes just seem to appear out of nowhere. And thank you Larson....maybe I'll just have to find you one!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom