What's new

New Old Hunter

Bayman

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake Bay VA.
Detector(s) used
Whites XL PRO
`I've been reading for some time, wanted to finaly join everyone. Long time roll searcher, started back in the late eighties. You folks have a great site. I have always searched bankwraps and customer wrapped rolls, only ordered a few boxes. Done pretty good over the years with halves, though I will buy new rolls of cents and nickles to put away. Love detecting when the weather permits.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Bud, this is a great forum, lots of great people contributing a lot of good info!

ffd
 
Thanks, Fistfull. Trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. Started hunting in 87 with a 6000 Di Pro. Started stalking rolls around 88. Walked out of a bank with 600 dollars worth in the front pockets of my hooded sweatshirt. Looked like I had elephantitus, or something seriously wrong with me. Found about $100 in 40% and 1 Franklin, if I remember correctly.
 
Welcome to the forum!

Did you hunting through out 90's. How's the silver back then?
 
I do remember one day...my commute to work is an hour each way, and I stopped in at a branch of my bank in another county. They only had a couple of rolls, but out of one came a 1987p, and I thought..."wasn't that the year they only came in mint sets?" Sure enough, the "D" was in the same roll. Someone broke up a set.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom