What's new

New Permission Today

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2019
Messages
7,159
Reaction score
23,459
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm just getting back into active - semi active - detecting with my creaky bones and all that. I was really active 30 years or more ago. So, first new permission in 30 years - old house that looks like it was built 1880-90's, currently in poor condition and a rental. Spoke with the new owner who is a young fella fixing it up and he was fine with it. Large front yard with two huge tree stumps - property is on the oldest road in this part of the county. Town meetings were held about 200 yards away in the late 1700's. Seems like it might have potential. Probably already searched, but I have confidence in my new Nox 600. Think I'll hit it early Thursday morning.
 
You will do fine...!
Sounds like a place to play..., again and again...!
 
Sounds like a great spot! Can't wait to see your finds!!
 
Go get the goodies that the dirt is hiding, CD!

R.a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79
 
I was wondering about that creaking noise coming from the north , dig um up.
 
Best of luck this morning, hope you get a keeper for your reintroduction in digging dirt.
 
Best of luck this morning, hope you get a keeper for your reintroduction in digging dirt.

Hey, thanks. Got about an hour and a half in. Still learning the Nox 600 machine - I think I have about 5 hours total - that ain't much. Found some cut nails and a clad dime; I dug only 5 or 6 targets. I thought the cut nails were a good sign of their being old coins in the dirt. I was surprised at how jerky the signal was for even a shallow clad dime. I was running Park1, air balanced and the rest presets. But, I will keep at it and learn as I go; I'm sure I will go over the same ground after I get better at reading signals. This was the first time that I've used a T-handle short shovel and man, does that save on the bending! Bart@Big Boys Hobbies recommended the Nokta Makro and I'm glad he did. I think I need to spend some more hours practicing on my own property (1940's suburbia).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom