What's new

New Permission Yields Old Cooper and 5 Silvers, including a Dime Trifecta

PA Sleuth

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
708
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a few hours yesterday to a new permission. The residence was converted from a barn to a house in 1930, but the original barn and the main house, which is now the next door neighbor were built in 1831. I decided to hunt the side yard first, which lies between the barn / house and the neighbors. Despite being met with interference from a invisible dog fence, I was able to pull out a gorgeous 1848 LC, neon green. I also pulled a 1905 Barber dime from the side yard. I then proceeded to the opposite side of the house where I found a 1943 D Merc, a 1943 Washington, a 1953 Rosie, and the strangest find of the day, a 1915 Veinte Centavos from the Republic de Cuba. Silver is Silver I guess. God knows why that would be in the ground of a farm in suburban Philly. Bill From VA, you can relate, I saw your 1916 40 centavos post from a year or so ago.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459121068.031379.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459121110.352101.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459121128.697030.webp
 
Upvote 28
Good day ...love the cooper:laughing7:
 
anyone else remember that show, Hanging with Mr. Cooper? Think it was from the 90s.
 
What a great group of coins... I like the Centavos.
 
You got one with some great detail. Beautiful color!
 
Congrats on pulling those 6 keepers and the trifecta. :occasion14: 1848 - 1953, awesome date span.
 
Grats on the silver and the large
 
That's a good looking large cent
 
Congrats on the great finds!!
 
While I love the large cent and modern U.S. silver, that Cuban 40c is my favorite find. That coin is very cool!

Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom