New place for an hour

NCcoinDigger

Jul 2, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 - Stock 12", 6x10 DD, 5.3 Concentric
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a new homesite, built in the 1930s. Pulled out a ton of clad, a copper bracelet, and a 1919 king George One Penny. Not too bad starting out!

image-1155802673.jpg

image-2597392914.jpg

image-3759473314.jpg

image-3018848410.jpg

Upvote 3
i would be proud to put that in my collection..
nice finds for sure..
OWG...

That's pretty darn cool. You are off to a great start at that place!

The copper bracelet is pretty cool, and it looks like the KG was made into a pendant. Nice finds! :thumbsup:

I like the copper bracelet - looks 40's -50's to me - kind of a tourist curio shop item - the King George V. penny does indeed look to have been a pendant ,
very interesting day out I say .

:thumbsup:Very nice....Looks like you had a fun dig....Congrats.

I found that same copper bracelet up here in ny, about 4 in down in a lot. Not in as good shape. Post if you get any info on it

Well don't think I will be able to keep anything, showed pictures to the property owner and they brought up "well everything that comes out of my yard should belong to me" I told them that was fine and I would put everything in a box and leave it on their doorstep.... Debating on putting the trash I found in the box too haha. Jk I'm not gonna be the one to give us a bad name. I agreed happily and thanked them for letting me on their property

Now that they made it obvious who it belongs to, go put it back where you found it. Then they can have the pleasure of finding it, just like you did! Try very hard to put each item, trash included back in the proper hole.

Good luck in your next adventure! Not all people are afflicted with "It's Mine syndrome!"

Happy hunting!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

It's a great spot but I doubt I will be going back.

Well don't think I will be able to keep anything, showed pictures to the property owner and they brought up "well everything that comes out of my yard should belong to me" I told them that was fine and I would put everything in a box and leave it on their doorstep.... Debating on putting the trash I found in the box too haha. Jk I'm not gonna be the one to give us a bad name. I agreed happily and thanked them for letting me on their property

Don't do that, give it back in person, ask if you can keep hunting. Photo everything, think of it like catch and release fishing. Maybe the owner will have a change of heart and let you keep some of it. I had the same thing and I kept my mouth shut and it ended up the guy giving me everything back without even asking.

Don't do that, give it back in person, ask if you can keep hunting. Photo everything, think of it like catch and release fishing. Maybe the owner will have a change of heart and let you keep some of it. I had the same thing and I kept my mouth shut and it ended up the guy giving me everything back without even asking.

Yeah you are right. I gave everything to them a moment ago and they were really excited about it. They let me have the coin. I have access to it anytime I wanna go. Now it's raining and I'm anxious to see what signals I can get with the soil being damp.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back