New (Posting) Member: cmart63 a/k/a Carl

cmart63

Aug 11, 2013
Hi folks, I have actually been a member on this forum for 4 years and have never made a post -just lurked.
Over these years on the forum, I have read some very helpful information.

Northeast Georgia is my primary searching area. I am always looking for revolutionary war relics, Indian artifacts, and just about anything else.
I love gold panning (for brief periods of time) and nature photography.

My family still owns land that was granted to my great grandfathers (205 years ago) for their service in the American Revolutionary War. The land they were granted just happened to be adjacent and in Native American Territory. I have many objects in a large creek (cannon balls, etc) and we own about 1/2 mile of creek frontage.

I do want to thank everyone that has posted such great information on this forum. I am at a point that I need to start asking for helping identifying some of the objects that I find.

Regards,

Carl

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
About time you posted Carl! :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :icon_thumleft:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better late than never. Sounds like your family place is amazing. I look forward to your post and stories of how they were found. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool Carl
Sounds like a great place .
I would love to see the cannon balls and other artifacts !
Please post pictures
Gary

OP
OP
cmart63

cmart63

Aug 11, 2013
Better late than never. Sounds like your family place is amazing. I look forward to your post and stories of how they were found. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Thank you King.
Our family place is amazing. It is somewhat sad that it took me 54 years to discover. As you say "better late than never".

OP
OP
cmart63

cmart63

Aug 11, 2013
Cool Carl
Sounds like a great place .
I would love to see the cannon balls and other artifacts !
Please post pictures
Gary

Hi Gary -I will soon begin posting pics of the cannon balls. Just yesterday, I found a piece of wood that has to be from a late 1700's wood cabin. The wood cabin that was on my grandmother's land was demolished about 25 years ago. That cabin had wood planks on the exterior that rifle holes built in to the boards. I still have one of these planks. Our family was granted the land in northeast Georgia for their service in Rev War. However, there was a catch to it; fight off the Indians. LOL -but true.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's about time!

Your finds will inspire all of us.

OP
OP
cmart63

cmart63

Aug 11, 2013
It's about time!

Your finds will inspire all of us.

Hi Seeker -thank you for your comment.
It is amazing what I find when I am not even searching for anything. For example, I was doing some photography as I walked up this (big) creek (on our family's land), and I saw this big round rock in the middle of our creek. Well, it turned out not to be a geode, but instead, a Revolutionary War cannon ball. As of this day, I have found 43 cannon balls. I really, really want to find a cannon or two.

Thank you for your post.
Carl

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! Looking forward to your posts. Your family property sounds awesome.
Best of luck with your finds.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Carl! Sounds like you have a start, got the cannon balls, just figuring out where the cannons may have been or where they may have pulled them and if any might have lost a wheel and been left along the way. Sounds like some research to be done and plenty of land to hunt. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread