New Pro coil produces old 2 center

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I know have been able to do some hunting with the new pro coil I got for my SE due to the fact that Hospice has came to help me out with my Mom and they have been a god send! I got out for an hour or so last night and decided to make a run to my local fairgrounds which has been around since the 1840's. The fair had just gotten over with last weekend and I figuired at least I would pick a cart load of clad to help pay for this awesome coil. about half way into the hunt I got a good solid copper penny signal and was reading pretty deep, so being that I have pulled many old coins and relics from this area I decided to listen to what the SE Pro was saying and give a dig. The ground had alot of moisture from all the rain we got a week or so ago and the digging was easy. After about an 8 inch dig out popped this little beauty! I at first thought it was a game token as I find tons of those in this spot, and almost started to rub on it! EGaaaaaadd lucky I spotted the 2 on it just before I committed the cardinal sin!! She cleaned up great and I think this one is going to go to the grader to get slabbed. I wish I had a good camera to take a nice pic as this web cam does it no justiice. hope you all are making tons of great finds

Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• Picture 172.jpg
    Picture 172.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 523
  • Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 530
Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the 2 center and good luck on future hunts with the new coil.

Hospice is a great organization. We used them with my father at the beginning of the year and I don't know what we would have done without them. Not only do they help out with the sick person but they help the entire family understand the process and different phases the patient is going through.

I hope your mom gets better and I wish your entire family the best during this trying time.

NJ

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I haven't been all that impressed with the Pro Coil yet. But only two hunts for a total of about 6 hours isn't much time to give it.

I will say it has good target seperation and it is really sensitive on the small targets.

Maybe it's just where I'm hunting? ??? :icon_scratch:

Got a NEW old place to hunt next week. Then we'll see how it goes.

Congrats on the 2 center and Hospice is a great organization/service.

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Great find Jack, Hospice is a great outfit , Hope your mom gets better soon . :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
kib

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Great 2 center with a nice date.

I've had days like that.

HH Jer

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Very Sweet find. I personally am making some good finds but not in comparison to yours! :wink: ;D

8 inches is not that deep for a two cent coin. Don't you think the "standard" coil would have picked it up?

Bob

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one nice looking 2-Cent'er.
I think being that deep I would have given it a double take as well, so as not to accidently damage the coin.

Very nice find.
Rob

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 2 cent came out in great shape. I dug one of those for one of my first digs with my old Bounty Hunter, not as nice shape as yours. WTG :thumbsup:

Keep @ It and HH!!

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we will keep your mom in our prayers

Hospice was a God send to us as well with my mom. They swept in and took over, counseled the family, and made her very comfortable. It allowed the rest of the family to keep our sanity.

Congrats on the 2 cent piece and its a really nice one.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking coin. That one is still on my wish list. :thumbsup:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Very Sweet find. I personally am making some good finds but not in comparison to yours! :wink: ;D

8 inches is not that deep for a two cent coin. Don't you think the "standard" coil would have picked it up?

Bob

What?

Anyway, that's an awesome coin. Those things start to be worth some real nice $ once you get into the higher grades like that one. Yours is dug but yea...congrats on that one! 8)

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
First I would like to say thanks to all the best wishes and prayers for my mom they are greatly appreciated! and Yes Hospice is an fantastic orginization, they have been here to help when ever the need calls for. To answer Mirage on his coil question.... I have hunted that exact spot several times along with maybe several hundred "yes several hundred" other detectorists and yet this coin was unfound, I can't say for dead certain that it was the pro coil that made the difference, but i would tend to believe that it had to be a great part of it. I know I have personally went over that exact spot at least 3 times with the standard SE slimeline coil and untill I hit it with the pro coil the coin was houdini! You'll have to make up your own mind on that I guess, but I have to believe the pro coil was the deciding factor

Happy hunting
Slipperyjack47

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the 2 center!
Hospice is a really great organization, they were right there for us when my brother had cancer
back around 2003. I also had an aunt that had a stroke a couple of weeks ago, and she spent
time at the Levine-Dickson Hospice Center. They were some of the sweetest and kindest people
you could imagine. I just can't say enough good about them and I mean that. I hope and pray
the best for your mother and the rest of your family.

HH,
Ramapirate

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent find :o I got my new pro coil in the mail this week and hope to try it out this weekened ! congrats on that beautie you found :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, those fairgrounds are gonna keep giving them up to you. That is one of the coins on my wish list. It seems your list is getting smaller and smaller. Wish I could get out there with you, hopefully this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread