New Process For Panning Gold ~ It Works

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Leave you glass vial of gold in your pants pocket with about 3 grams of gold. Place pants in laundry room and allow your wife to wash and dry your pants. Open dryer door to make sure the glass vial is broken and gold scattered inside the dryer and lent filter. Next use blue masking tape to recover gold. Once you think you have all the gold cleaned up your off to the next process. Take your large gold pan place in sink and submerge lent and blue tape under water for 20 minutes. Shake and break up all the lent and scrap gold from the blue tape. Its amazing the amount of gold that can be found in a dryer...

What a fricken mess and trying to recover gold. Have yet to see how much gold I lost but I am sure some of its gone...

20130922_092518[1].jpg Gold.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't blame the wife as I was the dumb a** who left the vial in my pocket. I had used the vial as a card protector the night before while playing poker and totally forgot the vial in my pocket. Looks like I have lost just over 1/2 gram. I need to remove the 4" flex hose from the dryer to the outside vent. I looked on the concrete for any gold and nothing is present. So I suspect the remaining gold could be on cloths or within the flex hose.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or washed down the drain of the clothes washer right? Might be able to recover some of that out of the drain.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Come on man, you're wife was just workin her 'Dry Washer'.

Bob

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leave you glass vial of gold in your pants pocket with about 3 grams of gold. Place pants in laundry room and allow your wife to wash and dry your pants. Open dryer door to make sure the glass vial is broken and gold scattered inside the dryer and lent filter. Next use blue masking tape to recover gold. Once you think you have all the gold cleaned up your off to the next process. Take your large gold pan place in sink and submerge lent and blue tape under water for 20 minutes. Shake and break up all the lent and scrap gold from the blue tape. Its amazing the amount of gold that can be found in a dryer... What a fricken mess and trying to recover gold. Have yet to see how much gold I lost but I am sure some of its gone...

Please do not do the Following in your Wife Presence!!! It might Cause Problems LMAO As for the Washer drain line Pour a little water Into is While You use a Shop vac to suck up the Water that Is In the P Trap You Might recover A Little Bit More Or Just Cut A Hole In the Wall And Take the trap out If you can Find it without to much Damage NOTE DO NPT DO THE SECOND ONE!!!

Note Red the Next Post First

Kevin nothing to do with the washer as the vial broke in the dryer. Suspect the vial came out of the Levi pocket and bounced around like inside a trommel and the vial broke like a piece of clay breaking up. Dang now I know what to do with an old dryer.

Next is the Dryer, MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PICTURES, So you Can re-assemble it Correctly!!!LOL Where your Vent hooks up to the Hose Is A Treasure trove, Remove the Back of the Dryer and The Housing for the Heat coil/ Vent Motor And Clean It Out Check on line with the Model Number of the Dryer, To Get Instructions!!! It Will Save Time And When your Wife Catches You Just Say Your Doing Maintenance to the Dryer!!!! Chug Is Not Responsible For Any Comments That He Has Made In This Post Helpful Hint "UNPLUG THE DRYER FIRST" Or you will Get A Very Electrifying Experience!!!! GOOD LUCK CHUG

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or washed down the drain of the clothes washer right? Might be able to recover some of that out of the drain.

Kevin nothing to do with the washer as the vial broke in the dryer. Suspect the vial came out of the Levi pocket and bounced around like inside a trommel and the vial broke like a piece of clay breaking up. Dang now I know what to do with an old dryer.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
oh good...one less appliance to disassemble and then *try* to rebuild !

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bummer. Lesson learned, well looks like chunky stuff so should be easier to find. Happy hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DOHH.jpg

Seriously, don't feel too bad about it. We've ALL left something of value
in a pocket before, and at least the gold didn't crumble or fade in the
washing process!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
.... and just think of how soft and nice smelling the gold is now. Fabric softener could be the new Aqua Regina for all we know! Don't feel bad Keith, like they said, we've all forgotten something in out pockets and run it through the laundry before.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clean looking gold AZ!

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:

:laughing7:

Think I just peed a little.......

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not quite understanding the process, could you do it again and take video?

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Burn all the clothes that were in that load and pan the ashes. May not be cost effective but it's the principal of the thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread