What's new

New Scoop!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
1,303
Reaction score
1,621
Golden Thread
3
Location
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a new Scoop, Stainless Steel Please help, Thank you .
 
Upvote 0
I got mine from Treasures Down Under, it's called The Magnum Scoop. I put the modified handle from an old Beach Brute. I really like it.
 

Attachments

  • Stainless Scoop.webp
    Stainless Scoop.webp
    105 KB · Views: 825
All mine, I've got from Reilys' Treasure Gold, Pompano.
Call Lorraine, take a trip across the ally, get ya scoop, and let's go hunt!
 
Ron, what happened to the Miller?
 
I let the wrough welder ,weld on it .All the welds are rustting and braking.If he use stainless rods I wouldn't have had this Problem.
 
Ron, you can grind out all the iron, and have someone else weld it with stainless rods, or have them grind it all out.
 
I also just bought the ProStock...nice scoop, but make sure it has the square step plate and not the pointed one. The pointed one was hard for me to keep my foot on in rough water. They swapped the foot plate out and everything is great now. The smaller mesh is nice, the scoop drains fast and small targets don't fall through. I have pocketed more earrings with this scoop than I ever have before and I no longer chase split shots all over the sand. Steve is also coming out with a larger scoop called he "Grave Digger" I have seen pictures and it is NICE!

Also for the handle....forget trying to find a square post hole digger handle in FL. I got the round post hole digger handle at Lowe's and took just a 1/16 of an inch off two sides with a belt sander and it fits perfect. A wood rasp would also work as well. The round handles are also stronger than the old square handles.
Chuck
 

Attachments

  • hoopscoop.webp
    hoopscoop.webp
    3 KB · Views: 853

Attachments

  • Stealth Scoops.webp
    Stealth Scoops.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 902
  • Stealth Scoops.webp
    Stealth Scoops.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 912
Ron you could have them grind out the mild steel welds but the ss will still be inpregnated with the mild in other words it will still rust but if you do this have the welder tig it or tell them to make damn sure that they use either ss rod or wire and also tell them to use a fresh disc other wise the'll just be grinding mild into ss and making matters worse . I used to weld mild and ss for a auto motive parts washer company. Just my 2 scoops worth.
drewan
 
Ron There is a expert stainless welder just north of the Fort Myers beach bridge. He is on a barge by the fishing boats. He is a great stainless welder, he did a beautiful job on my stealth. $10.00 is all he charged me.
 
Ron, you don't get that scoop fixed soon, or get a new one, I'm coming over to scoop up all your gold, you be missing! :laughing7:

I know your not waiting for me, to load my car up with Reilys' products, and drive them over there to ya, for you to pick one out! :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
 
Like Sandman I use the Sunspot scoop. It is really well made.
 
Ron.
if you please describe your condition of soil can I offer you my Stavr scoop
I have more than 10 models.
 

Attachments

  • evroex v22.webp
    evroex v22.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 507
  • monstrik-10.webp
    monstrik-10.webp
    175.7 KB · Views: 519
  • krepish-v11E.webp
    krepish-v11E.webp
    149.3 KB · Views: 504
  • krepish-v11E.webp
    krepish-v11E.webp
    149.3 KB · Views: 497
  • monstrik-10.webp
    monstrik-10.webp
    175.7 KB · Views: 484
  • evroex v22.webp
    evroex v22.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 489
wow stavr those are nice i wish i could afford a new scoop my diamond shaped sucks for my sand it takes forever to get the target but before that i was diving down and using a colander so its better thanks again oldebeechnut!
 
My "5GRANIK-2".....
 

Attachments

  • 5GRANIK-2.webp
    5GRANIK-2.webp
    159.9 KB · Views: 392
  • 5GRANIK-2TT.webp
    5GRANIK-2TT.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 403
I have a back up scoop,it's ok but it's not my main scoop,I dug this with it yesterday,7.3 grams 14kt
 

Attachments

  • 101_0045.webp
    101_0045.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 371

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom