new show on the dutchman

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Everyone should just take a deep breath.

I saw all of the episodes and found them enjoyable, humorous, and educational. The two portions of the range these folks were in has a great deal of history that suggests some pretty remarkable things occurred there. Is it too much to ask people to take the time to do the research that such a program should stimulate them to take?

Was this theater? Yes it was. But what underlies the theater is real. What these folks did was point the way.

I also suspect that if you follow the program our explorers used the tv folks a lot more than they were used.Go back and look at where they ended up. That had nothing to do with triangulating dead folks it had a lot to do with something else.

Have to say though wish they had left the bats along. That reminds me there is a bat that is referred to as a bumblebee bat, and well the bees have been there a long time and should be left in peace. Who knows what they have seen.

Also the 2.5 billion number is very, very much on the low side of what was in the range and still is.

Starman

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RMG, your post was deleted, we have rules on language, using characters or dashes to bypass censor still violates our rules....

To post objections to the show's presentation is one thing and does not violate our rules, an attack on members who are on the show does violate our rules...

Last edited:
R

RMG1976

Please PM me a copy of my post that has the things you mentioned. The things you are mentioning are not my recollection.

My post was quite supportive of the series and its cast members - as well as Frank

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with that RMG, when I ask for that kind of information when accused of similar things, I get pm's saying I'm not allowed to ask such questions in threads....

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I honestly didn't see anything in RMG's post that warranted its deletion. I thought the points he made were very sensible.

Last edited:
R

RMG1976

Good luck with that RMG, when I ask for that kind of information when accused of similar things, I get pm's saying I'm not allowed to ask such questions in threads....

That okay @UncleMatt - Clearly @TreasureHunter thinks I have broken some sort of rule and have upset Frank. Truth is - I have sent Frank PM to talk privately and insure that nothing I was saying was offensive.

I enjoyed my time here and meeting quite a few of you / talking on the phone / etc. We had a 4 way conf. call going last night, it was great! My posts have brought in people like Hank as new members, that was a caller on the radio show with Wayne Tuttle.

My curious mind - leading me out into the Superstitions and the bat cave was a lot of fun - and I surely wouldn't have done that without all the dialogue here. I was glad that I was able to report back.

All my posts are now gone - but I'll still continue to do what I do in my hopes to find truth.

Hope to see you guys out in the mountains sometime! If you see a guy with a drone, thats probably me!

Take care

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matt as you have already been told several times in the past before, you ask that in PMs, not in open thread per our rules....

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

RMG PM sent...

Last edited:
R

RMG1976

Folks - @TreasureHunter and I have come to a resolution and he has restored my post.

Moving on...

copperpot

Mar 17, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enjoyed reading the posts in this thread. It has been very informative, especially for the show, the cave, vs. the Dutchman's treasure itself. Thanks everyone!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I keep telling people, if you watch the show thinking it is going to be some kind of documentary about the search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, then you will probably hate it. If you keep in mind that this is a TV Entertainment Show, that features a hunt for the Lost Dutchman Mine, then you will probably enjoy it a lot!

Mike

R

RMG1976

Like I keep telling people, if you watch the show thinking it is going to be some kind of documentary about the search for the Lost Dutchman Mine, then you will probably hate it. If you keep in mind that this is a TV Entertainment Show, that features a hunt for the Lost Dutchman Mine, then you will probably enjoy it a lot!

Mike

I sort of like the idea of getting some folks together - knowledgeable and authentic - to do a documentary on Netflix about the LDM. There is definitely enough content!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hank from RI!

What would be a fantastic phone call would be to get one of the Exec. Producers, Directors, Script writers on a radio show and drill THEM why they chose to portray fake information.

I can answer that one........................Because they "THINK" they know what people really want to see! They get told that watchers of TV programs don't want to see or hear the truth. They want lies, lies and more lies, and nothing real.

Well, I AM ONE VIEWER, who doesn't like watching BS, lies and drama that is made up. So the producers and directors can count me out on watching any of their stupid shows if they continue to produce BS!

You know many of us "Old Timers" (I am not that old either, early 50's), but I know plenty of people here growing up sat around watching all the documentary shows that showed REAL TREASURE HUNTING, GOLD PROSPECTING, ANIMAL WILDLIFE, STATE PARKS, and whatever else they showed. I know I ENJOYED every bit of it because it WAS REAL and there was NO BS about it and certainly no body acting like stupid clowns!, (the clown comment is NOT for these guys who did the Legend Show)

I am sure plenty of people here if they had a choice to watch a program which one would it be.......SOMETHING REAL AND DOCUMENTED like the "OLD TREASURE SHOWS",........................or............................. SOME MADE UP BS DRAMA that leaves people wondering and thinking WTH is this crap?

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKAY,

Production Companies use their own little equations as to how they will produce their Shows. Its based on what they KNOW works. Every show needs a team of people. Each person performs a specific role (i.e. Ex-Military Badass, Subject Expert, Lovable Oaf, Chicken Shite, Legal Expert, Historian, Archaeologist, Hot Chick, or whatever). What people tune in to watch is the interaction between the characters. Only a very few people REALLY care about the subject of the hunt. Doesn't matter whether its "Hunt for Bigfoot", "Mountain Monsters". "Monsters in Alaska", "Ice Cold Gold", or "Gold Rush". People watching will tend to like or dislike characters, and take their sides. BLAH BLAH BLAH After a few episodes, people forget about what they are looking for. In this world of the "famous for being famous" Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, etc. people watch personalities.

While there are some of us that would LOVE to get a TV Show Documentary about the search for the Lost Dutchman Mine made, its not likely to happen, because what they are doing now gets them paid. They don't fix what ain't broke!

Mike

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I can answer that one........................Because they "THINK" they know what people really want to see! They get told that watchers of TV programs don't want to see or hear the truth. They want lies, lies and more lies, and nothing real.

They don't even care about that; the bottom line is the dollar.

If you were to ask Julie Auerbach of GGL (who is in charge of creative content) to point to the map of the US and locate the Superstitions, she will probably point to Colorado. She is only interested in buying content that GGL by consensus, thinks has a better than average rate of success.

The creative behind LSM look at shows such as "Ax Men" or "Gold Rush" replete with drama, and attempt to repeat that same formula, assuming that the rate of success will be high because they are repeating something that has worked in the past.

Every reality show for the last 20 years is basically a repeat of the original "Survivors" show which is considered to be responsible for the explosion of reality shows since the late '90's.

I think combining history and reality TV is just a bad combination. That's trying to reach across too wide a demo.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those of us who are motivated to do so should create videos about treasure tales we have an interest in that we post for free online just to educate people, not to make money with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread