New Software Help, Bug, Glitch or Report Thread.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Is there a way to get the tool bar on the Active topics page. The form actions etc would be useful there.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi admin and mods,so far only one thing i dont like,you have to be logged in to see the imgs that
are posted,or is that a bug that has to be worked out

That's just a setting that can be changed. One reason we don't show images to "guests" is to help entice them to register. If you have an account it's best to view the site logged in so that you can save your settings and view the site how you want to.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks ill see if i can fig that out,and one more Q is there a limit on this,this is what mine says
[h=2]Attachment Statistics[/h][h=3]You are currently using 17.05 MB to store 160 uploaded attachments.[/h]

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mods, are you going to put the real time kitco gold, silver and platinum spot prices on the home page. I checked those frequently along with other topics,............ Thanks Scott.

OP
OP
4Nines

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ill see if i can fig that out,and one more Q is there a limit on this,this is what mine says
Attachment Statistics

You are currently using 17.05 MB to store 160 uploaded attachments.

Hmmm let me look into that and see.

Hi mods, are you going to put the real time kitco gold, silver and platinum spot prices on the home page. I checked those frequently along with other topics,............ Thanks Scott.

yup! It's there in the right hand column of the site :)

Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 5.48.00 PM.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happen to "Book Marks"? I had dozens of posts bookmarked for the info that was in them, mostly mods ect....Will they be moved over?

Cant find Charter Member only features either...

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say so far is... I don't like it, period. My favorite and main navigational feature was "new replies to my posts". I've read what you've said about subscribing to a thread. I don't like it. It was automatic before, seems it's not now. I click it and any new replies to any thread I posted in was right there at my fingertips in real time. I've been a member for at least 8 years or so and a charter member for 5 or 6 I think. I'm gonna give it a try only because I still believe in this site and the members that make/made it what it is/was, but I don't like change. I was always told, if it aint broke don't fix it. It may have been broke on your side of the fence but my side looked just fine. Also, i've had to log in twice already in the last hour. I ran to the store, was gone 15 minutes, came back and had to log in again, and before you ask the answer is yes, I did check the "keep me logged in box". So I don't know what that was all about. As of right now I feel like i've lost a good friend or at least my favorite pair of comfortable worn out shoes. I feel like i'm in a foreign country.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who stole the Tiki Bar? My Tiki Bar is gone. Changing a site is one thing, but stealing an entire Tiki Bar and all the "non-sense" that went with it! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who stole the Tiki Bar? My Tiki Bar is gone. Changing a site is one thing, but stealing an entire Tiki Bar and all the "non-sense" that went with it! :laughing7:

Never mind....I found it.....and my detector was still there. Whooooo.....I was really sweating that one. :happysmiley:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happen to "Book Marks"? I had dozens of posts bookmarked for the info that was in them, mostly mods ect....Will they be moved over?

Cant find Charter Member only features either...
Ditto that.

I'll see what we can do to import the Book Marks from before. Will probably take a few days.

Charter Member features we are also working on. It includes perks same as before but we don't have a list as it has changed a bit.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed there is an awkward amount of blank space just above the banner. It also seems like the table spacing for the actual forums is off. The table column that has the poster/user's info seems too big/wide.
Removed -- Admin -- Guys, I know you may be frustrated but you need to keep it clean. Give us some detailed feedback so we can improve it and make it better. General comments like "it sucks" don't help anyone.

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi admin and mods,so far only one thing i dont like,you have to be logged in to see the imgs that
are posted,or is that a bug that has to be worked out

I've updated this so guests can see the full attachments. I know 4Nines mentioned a reason against it but I think it will be better to allow anyone to see attachments right now.

Is there a way to get the tool bar on the Active topics page. The form actions etc would be useful there.

We are working on this as well.

Attachment Statistics

You are currently using 17.05 MB to store 160 uploaded attachments.

There is no limit on attachments.

All I can say so far is... I don't like it, period. My favorite and main navigational feature was "new replies to my posts". I've read what you've said about subscribing to a thread. I don't like it. It was automatic before, seems it's not now. I click it and any new replies to any thread I posted in was right there at my fingertips in real time. I've been a member for at least 8 years or so and a charter member for 5 or 6 I think. I'm gonna give it a try only because I still believe in this site and the members that make/made it what it is/was, but I don't like change. I was always told, if it aint broke don't fix it. It may have been broke on your side of the fence but my side looked just fine. Also, i've had to log in twice already in the last hour. I ran to the store, was gone 15 minutes, came back and had to log in again, and before you ask the answer is yes, I did check the "keep me logged in box". So I don't know what that was all about. As of right now I feel like i've lost a good friend or at least my favorite pair of comfortable worn out shoes. I feel like i'm in a foreign country.

Give us a couple of days to write a modification to add this functionality back in. I'm sure it's possible. Don't give up just yet, it's just going to take a bit of time to add the features back in that everyone wants.

When you log in, make sure to check the 'save' or 'remember me' box next to the login. This will save you from having to log in multiple times.

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that today, several updates made throughout the day have caused logouts. It's happened to me a couple of times as well, but I've stayed logged in for several hours now. I believe that this particular issue is temporary while we make the first rounds of requested changes.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kinda like coming home from a hard day at work to find that the wife re-arranged the furniture and put everything away in a different spot and threw out our favorite chair in favor of a new model ........ It just don't feel like home. :sad10:

But.......sooner or later I'm sure we all will get used to the new chair and decor even if it doesn't feel or look like the old home place. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kinda like coming home from a hard day at work to find that the wife re-arranged the furniture and put everything away in a different spot and threw out our favorite chair in favor of a new model ........ It just don't feel like home. :sad10:

But.......sooner or later I'm sure we all will get used to the new chair and decor even if it doesn't feel comfortable like the old tried and true. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the new chair is terrible at first but after a couple of weeks you find that you like the new chair even better then the old chair. Let's hope that's the case here ;) :3some:

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Looking for a "Bookmarks" section. After reading thousands of posts over the years, I had a couple dozen in my personal bookmark section and would frequently refer to them. If its not here already, hopefully it is something that is on the list to get integrated. If it is already here, point me in the direction of finding it. :)

Thank you for your efforts and good luck with this great site.

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
Is there any way to personally customize the threads shown in Today's Finds? I'd like to make each post use only one line instead of two so I can scan more posts on one page. Is there a need for folders in the left hand column? Can I customize those to not display? Also, is there a preview post option before posting? Thanks. gg
3-22-2012 7-02-59 PM.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread