Cajunme

Aug 25, 2004
Central, La
Detector(s) used
Fisher, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: New to MD'ing, living in Youngsville, LA

Welcome to the La forum. You need to look along bayou's and rivers. the older homes were on the waterways for transportation. check plowed fields for brick and glass. talk to anyone you know in the area for permission to hunt pastures and fields. your friends know people that know people. you will hunt 4 areas with nothing before you find a decent spot. sometimes the most unlikely place will be good and the best looking place will be nothing. Civil war campsites should be close to water but will not leave noticable signs as an old homesite. when out checking an area don't discriminate as much so you can pick up iron signals. this will indicate nails for a homesite or iron bits of a campsite. i found a place once in a field where they had torn boards off of something to use for their fires. every thirty feet in a straight line i would get iron (nails) signals and there were two of these rows. those were the camp fires of troops camped in that spot. once you locate an area like that then you can increase your discrimination and hunt for the good stuff. This is a good time of the years for better soil conditions.
We want to see what you find. Go to my ID and look at my website. That is some of my better stuff of 13 years. Brent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread