What's new

New turn in creek has promise

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was on way home from work and stopped at a new turn I havnt walked in a creek .cant wait to see what else I find!!
 

Attachments

  • image-2274054304.webp
    image-2274054304.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image-939355450.webp
    image-939355450.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3979149028.webp
    image-3979149028.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1486975372.webp
    image-1486975372.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image-4161834211.webp
    image-4161834211.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0
I knew you couldnt help yourself. :laughing7: Nice finds
 
Last edited:
Time change made it happen haha
 
Nice finds. Hope you find a lot more there.
 
Thanks guys maybe I will get time this evening
 
Man- I checked out a new 'springtime' sand/gravel wash-up at a local creek and all I found was a Hotwheels '67 Firebird- w/o wheels... :tongue3: I would have been over the moon to find those- nice rescues! HH- Yak
 
Man- I checked out a new 'springtime' sand/gravel wash-up at a local creek and all I found was a Hotwheels '67 Firebird- w/o wheels... :tongue3: I would have been over the moon to find those- nice rescues! HH- Yak
Haha we should start a thread about the odd things we find ....
 
Hope ya have some more good luck in your new spot. Looks like you are off to a good start. I have found a few in the creeks around here but for the most part they are real stingy and don't give up much.
 
One creek I hunt I find golf balls all the time.
 
Hope ya have some more good luck in your new spot. Looks like you are off to a good start. I have found a few in the creeks around here but for the most part they are real stingy and don't give up much.
Are they very rocky creeks ?
 
Most of the creeks I have permission to be in are sand bottom creeks with no gravel bars but they are a few in certain parts of the county that are very rocky. I have not had much luck in them yet though.
 
One creek I hunt I find golf balls all the time.
Rock $ all!!
I've found balls up and down a creek in Shawnee. Ks. The golf course opened in 1910. So if you can imagine, the rare, very awesome mesh dimples and bramble balls. I've found prolly a million over 30 years. Check the display and check a few of them out.
 

Attachments

  • image-2144042690.webp
    image-2144042690.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image-195386158.webp
    image-195386158.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1782788800.webp
    image-1782788800.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-3663505247.webp
    image-3663505247.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1823213496.webp
    image-1823213496.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 94
Most of the creeks I have permission to be in are sand bottom creeks with no gravel bars but they are a few in certain parts of the county that are very rocky. I have not had much luck in them yet though.
if you hunt a real rocky creek it's tuff for sure but I'm learning some tricks
 
Nice golf ball collection. I will have to look at them closer the next time I find one. You have some very unusual looking ones.
 
Nice ones. I have been meaning to catch this post. You guys are making me want to hit a creek or two. Weather is perfect right now! You think that is adena culture?
 
Nice ones. I have been meaning to catch this post. You guys are making me want to hit a creek or two. Weather is perfect right now! You think that is adena culture?
You should get out and check your favorite creek spots if you havnt all winter I bet you will find some good stuff ;) and I really am not sure if it's adena but if I had to guess I would say your right ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom