pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For myself it's just a slight reminder on something that I'd maybe try to improve that is quickly forgotten once again soon after making it. :laughing7:

#1-Weight (I would like to gain some weight this year)
#2-Less sugar (Like really-never have succeeded, but me'z keep on making it)
#3-Get more detecting time in-this one really needs to be worked on for 2024 :headbang:

Just from hearing many times from folks over 6.5 decades the "New Years Resolution" is going to be X.

I really have to wonder if it's just a seed planted in one's own brain, that it actually comes to fruition at some point down the road.

How many really make a "New Years Resolution"?

Like to hear what folks think about this actually.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to stick with my usual swearing off of eating as much liver.
Being I haven't eaten any in years it works out fairly well.
Got some of our own beef liver in the freezer-but we just can't bring ourselves to indulge in it.
From growing up on Liver & Onions I haven't touched it in 39 yrs.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got some of our own beef liver in the freezer-but we just can't bring ourselves to indulge in it.
As a cook with a flat grill I'd squirt some fryer oil on a spot to put a slice of liver on.
Then put a steel bowl with a base on it (base worked for a handle is all) upside down over it to keep it moist. That and only one timely flip of the slice and not over cooking it.

roughhousing kids in the basement when I was a younger than them kid and a feather pillow got in the fireplace fire.
Mom was cooking a heart in the pressure cooker and I associated the burnt feather smell with that heart.
Kinda got me away from wanting to eat innards. Oh I ate innards since. Just didn't get in a waiting line for them.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
We had liver and onions often when I was a kid. One of my favorite sammiches today is a cold liver and mustard with onion slice between two slices of rye.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had liver and onions often when I was a kid. One of my favorite sammiches today is a cold liver and mustard with onion slice between two slices of rye.
You cooked that first I hope? :laughing7:
Strange after all these years of not eating liver-I can taste that so easily.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to stick with my usual swearing off of eating as much liver.
Being I haven't eaten any in years it works out fairly well.

Okay, I resolve to cut way back on eating hummus, spinach quiche and big salads. Going to be tough, but I'll substitute them with broiled swordfish, salmon and tuna steaks!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't generally do new years resolutions. When I resolve to do something, I do it, doesn't matter what day is on the calendar. Though I do like the one about getting more detecting time in. I could go for that one.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
For myself it's just a slight reminder on something that I'd maybe try to improve that is quickly forgotten once again soon after making it. :laughing7:

#1-Weight (I would like to gain some weight this year)
#2-Less sugar (Like really-never have succeeded, but me'z keep on making it)
#3-Get more detecting time in-this one really needs to be worked on for 2024 :headbang:

Just from hearing many times from folks over 6.5 decades the "New Years Resolution" is going to be X.

I really have to wonder if it's just a seed planted in one's own brain, that it actually comes to fruition at some point down the road.

How many really make a "New Years Resolution"?

Like to hear what folks think about this actually.
Yeah I agree not many complete them, mine is to save up to so a little restoration on my house.

Tho I aim to get more permissions on a wider area and some permissions from neighbours of one of my favourite permissions.

We all have aims or stuff we'd like to achieve, tho trying to become a millionaire is as likely as me developing a six-pack so I try to be more realistic 😅

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt Harder, hunt longer, dig deeper, travel farther, have more patience, get more gold, work with more professional teams, dive more, learn new technologies and techniques, explore more, get more permissions, teach my kid the game, collaborate with more people online, spend more time in the bahamas, hit more sandbars, film more wrecks, do more youtube and film work, increase my recoveries, get some bucket listers, find some more treasure coins, hit the treasure coast more often, use the blacklight more, and gem hunt more. I'm sure I missed something!!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Most of my resolutions involve how I treat people. I want to be more positive, helpful, nurturing, empathetic and friendly. Less negative, demeaning, sarcastic and judgmental. I need to be more tolerant, at times (not across the board). I still have standards and still believe wrong is wrong. I’m not caving; just need to be less condescending in some situations.
I also plan to be more useful to those who rely on me.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunt Harder, hunt longer, dig deeper, travel farther, have more patience, get more gold, work with more professional teams, dive more, learn new technologies and techniques, explore more, get more permissions, teach my kid the game, collaborate with more people online, spend more time in the bahamas, hit more sandbars, film more wrecks, do more youtube and film work, increase my recoveries, get some bucket listers, find some more treasure coins, hit the treasure coast more often, use the blacklight more, and gem hunt more. I'm sure I missed something!!
I need a nap after reading all that Bart. :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You cooked that first I hope? :laughing7:
Strange after all these years of not eating liver-I can taste that so easily.
Definitely cooked first! No way I’m eating raw liver. That reminds me of an elderly sweet aunt I have, she was a waitress for years at truck stops, I remember her telling me how popular their ‘cannibal’ sandwiches were years ago. Raw hamburger, salt ‘n pepper piled between two slices of bread.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my resolutions involve how I treat people. I want to be more positive, helpful, nurturing, empathetic and friendly. Less negative, demeaning, sarcastic and judgmental. I need to be more tolerant, at times (not across the board). I still have standards and still believe wrong is wrong. I’m not caving; just need to be less condescending in some situations.
I also plan to be more useful to those who rely on me.
Very noble Blackfoot!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a nap after reading all that Bart. :laughing7:
I make many resolutions each year as life ticks by.....if I accomplish a few, it feels good and boosts morale to try and work on more of the list !!😅🤣

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I make many resolutions each year as life ticks by.....if I accomplish a few, it feels good and boosts morale to try and work on more of the list !!😅🤣
Your a true optimistic pirate Bart, and it's the only way to be.
Load up the possibles-get a few, loose a few but at the end of the year the wins always feel great.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah I agree not many complete them, mine is to save up to so a little restoration on my house.

Tho I aim to get more permissions on a wider area and some permissions from neighbours of one of my favourite permissions.

We all have aims or stuff we'd like to achieve, tho trying to become a millionaire is as likely as me developing a six-pack so I try to be more realistic 😅

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread