bearbqd
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,098
- Reaction score
- 631
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Shenandoah Valley
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I went back to my spot today that produced the 32 Spencers and gorgeous North Carolina and Connecticut buttons. Today I plucked out an unreal condition New York officers cuff button. I am just speechless at how gentle this soil is to buttons. I have pulled three state buttons now, two eagles, and two great seal buttons out of this place and they are all in exceptional condition. I'm just blown away. I never imagined that I would ever be pulling out civil war buttons in this kind of shape.
With the recent rain helping with signals, I managed to retrieve three more Spencers from around the Spencer hole. That makes 35 total from this hole and nine completely intact. I also found a great condition pocket knife ( sorry, forgot to include cleaned up pics), a large blank, brass disk, a pistol or carbine round, some shot lead, and a bizarre whats it. Its like a black lava blob and has the weight of a rock equal its size. Non metallic eyeball find. Very bizarre thing it is.
With the recent rain helping with signals, I managed to retrieve three more Spencers from around the Spencer hole. That makes 35 total from this hole and nine completely intact. I also found a great condition pocket knife ( sorry, forgot to include cleaned up pics), a large blank, brass disk, a pistol or carbine round, some shot lead, and a bizarre whats it. Its like a black lava blob and has the weight of a rock equal its size. Non metallic eyeball find. Very bizarre thing it is.
Attachments
-
newyork..........webp25.6 KB · Views: 135 -
newyork.........webp41.8 KB · Views: 148 -
newyork...webp31.4 KB · Views: 143 -
newyork.....webp19.2 KB · Views: 144 -
newyork......webp21.1 KB · Views: 127 -
newyork.......webp19.9 KB · Views: 119 -
newyork........webp23.2 KB · Views: 139 -
newyork..webp14.5 KB · Views: 134 -
newyork.webp10.6 KB · Views: 135 -
newyork....webp10.3 KB · Views: 137 -
newyork...........webp24.6 KB · Views: 149 -
newyork............webp22.9 KB · Views: 145
Upvote
0







