Newbie needs direction locating lost ring

ronanronan

Oct 12, 2005
I'm a complete newbie - forgive the question.
I have lost a gold wedding band in my attic full of blown-in insulation. I can narrow the area to 6ft X 6ft. From reading the forum, I get the impression that MD's that can detect gold are not uncommon. Given my situation (one gold ring surrounded by wood joists and lots of nails), will a metal detector find my ring? If so, will a general-purpose one suffice of do I need a special? Can you suggest models?

Many thanks!

Upvote 0

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Go to big5 sporting goods and pick up a bountyhunter for 89.00 tracker IV model and you will find that ring in two minutes.
Put the detector in tone mode and sensitivity at one o'clock and let me know how long it took you to find it. good luck!
OnionRings

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Set the Discrimination Below Can Tab.

IF you Have A Ring To Compare Signal (Your Partners ? ) Set It Just Low Enough To Pick It Up & Go For It.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I have a tracker4 and it doesnt find nails but will find gold if you set it right :) its the simplest thing ever to use too ;) and you can always return it once your done or something...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a 6 X 6 foot area, you'd find it by eye faster than the time it would take you to find a rental detector. Think back, how did it get up there? Could it have rolled farther?

Good Luck,
Sandman

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
elementary dowsing tools are in your closet, a little practice in the front yard with a like target, and finding it should be a breeze and only take a couple minutes.................gldhntr

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between onionring,jeff and southern gent's answers, you should be able to find it.Good luck and H.H. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread