What's new

Nice $20 roll of Halves (with pictures now)

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
Went to Citibank yesterday (tiny branch) and my favorite teller there called me over. He pulled out a roll of halves ($20) and opened it. Out spilled silver after silver. Another teller at the branch that sucks silver up walked over and started asking pesky questions like "are you sure they're real" and whatnot ::). He responded, "yes, they're real, I bit them to make sure". That really shut her up. Anyway, I ended up with

22 40%
16 90%

1971D
Bicentennial (I know these aren't worth anything, but they were the other 2 coins in the roll)

I rarely find halves in my area so this is really a nice surprise. Usually the other 2 or 3 big dogs in halves get all the silver. I just lay low and dawdle in dimes :laughing7:

hth1lu.jpg


2mwfpqx.jpg


24bneo5.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Nice $20 roll of Halves

I would love to see pics. Keeps motivation high. Good for you--great teller!

Congrats!

apush :read2:
 
Re: Nice $20 roll of Halves

Congrats! That is an awesome score. Would love pics. I don't know what it is about the big $20 rolls. I almost always score silver when I'm lucky enough to find some of them.

Great haul! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Nice $20 roll of Halves

Cool find and great teller! Funny, I just bought my teller a new bike, took her out to dinner several times in the last couple months, paid off a few of her bills too, but she's been kind of tight on the silver lately.....LOL ffd
 
Re: Nice $20 roll of Halves

You just climbed Ag Mountain!!! Nice score!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
You don't wanna know what I'd do for a score like that.
 
Good score Rakattack, glad you hit and love those silver pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 
Very nice score there and great pix too!
Thanks
rileyboy
 
Great score!!!! WTG!!
 
Great score and great pics! :icon_thumright: I finally got my first ever $20 roll this week, but sadly it was all clad.

Congrats and HH!
 
Ltrain said:
You don't wanna know what I'd do for a score like that.
Ltrain, You got 31 silver dimes in one week plus some halves and a couple quarters. That's pretty godly :notworthy:

This is the most silver I've handled in halves my entire CRHing career.
 
Rakattack said:
Ltrain said:
You don't wanna know what I'd do for a score like that.
Ltrain, You got 31 silver dimes in one week plus some halves and a couple quarters. That's pretty godly :notworthy:

This is the most silver I've handled in halves my entire CRHing career.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd trade my luck with dimes for some luck with halves any day... A lot more silver to be found and a lot more money to be made in halves. Still a good week for me... but that is just an amazing roll right there.
 
Ltrain said:
Rakattack said:
Ltrain said:
You don't wanna know what I'd do for a score like that.
Ltrain, You got 31 silver dimes in one week plus some halves and a couple quarters. That's pretty godly :notworthy:

This is the most silver I've handled in halves my entire CRHing career.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I'd trade my luck with dimes for some luck with halves any day... A lot more silver to be found and a lot more money to be made in halves. Still a good week for me... but that is just an amazing roll right there.

Same here mate, I usually stick with dimes too. Your dime averages are WAY higher than mine :dontknow:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom