What's new

Nice Belt Plate found in PA.

Mountie Man

Greenie
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Williamsport PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
:icon_thumright: I found this New York State Militia Officers sword belt buckle detecting in Williamsport PA on an old indian trail with Paco and VP1. We were detcting down the trail and came across and old creek bed so we decided to mull around a little bit and I got a nice vdi reading. Paco and VP1 came over to watch me dig it. Dug down 10" deep and found this nice brass buckle. It was a great find.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2446.webp
    DSCN2446.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,764
  • DSCN2447.webp
    DSCN2447.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,736
  • DSCN2446.webp
    DSCN2446.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,710
  • DSCN2447.webp
    DSCN2447.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,710
Upvote 0
that was an awesome find steve - fun to watch you dig it too

vp
 
Awesome plate. Congrats :hello2:
 
Mountie Man said:
Deno said:
Congratulations,

What are the initials and what do they stand for?
They are old english letters for N.Y.

It must be real old English.
 
Smells Like Teen Banner!
Carl
 
Me being from NY :icon_thumright: nice find and rare That,s a Banner find Jim

Script New York Sword Belt Plate. Approximately 47mm by 80mm. Benchmark 39 on rear bar. $750.00
 

Attachments

  • script_ny_11.webp
    script_ny_11.webp
    12 KB · Views: 2,934
Great plate :hello2: Banner finds for sure!!!
 
Congrats for the Banner ! :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on the BANNER! I knew it was banner material when I saw it last week under 'What Is It.' Way to go! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
That is one neat find. I never saw one, and to be found in PA is just to cool.

Brian
 
Congrats on Banner! Definitely worthy.
 
Way to go on making it up there on the BANNER train. :hello2:
Awesome find!!!
-MM-
 
Dude, that is a killer f*****n find....Being from NY, I would absolutely LOVE to find that, as Im sure my other NY counterparts on here would as well... Congrats man that is amazing
 
Congrats on the "Banner" find. That one is a keeper for sure!!! Thanks for Posting!

Keep it Up!!

MJ
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom