What's new

Nice Belt Plate found in PA.

Mountie Man

Greenie
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
15
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Williamsport PA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
:icon_thumright: I found this New York State Militia Officers sword belt buckle detecting in Williamsport PA on an old indian trail with Paco and VP1. We were detcting down the trail and came across and old creek bed so we decided to mull around a little bit and I got a nice vdi reading. Paco and VP1 came over to watch me dig it. Dug down 10" deep and found this nice brass buckle. It was a great find.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2446.webp
    DSCN2446.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,764
  • DSCN2447.webp
    DSCN2447.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,736
  • DSCN2446.webp
    DSCN2446.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,710
  • DSCN2447.webp
    DSCN2447.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,710
Upvote 0
That is a sweet plate...I've never seen one before! :icon_thumright:
 
Oh heck yeah, that is banner find in my book. Awesome!!!!
 
Yo M & M , Dude i loved seeing that plate come out of the ground.....there will be more were that came from. To bad we ran out of time. Next week homie...................That should make the Banner, PACO
 
Wow I never saw one either, Great find. HH
 
Congratulations,

What are the initials and what do they stand for?
 
Congratulations on a great find! I saw one of those dug at a DIV hunt in Virginia.
 
That is an unbelievable plate. A real heart-stopper. Congratulations on a rare New York plate.
 
Very nice and I vote banner.
 
Deno said:
Congratulations,

What are the initials and what do they stand for?

N.Y. = New York.
 
That is so cool - banner . What date could that be roughly ? Cival War ?
 
Fantastic NY plate. :hello2:
I vote BANNER too.
Congrats to you.
-MM-
 
Incredible state plate! HH
 
Thats a good one!!!
 
wells said:
That is so cool - banner . What date could that be roughly ? Cival War ?
From what I have researched and been told it was between 1861 to 1863 because of the thin tongue on the back. They were made between 1851 and 1870.
 
That's one you don't see everyday and definitely a GOOD candidate for Banner. Congrats on a great historic recovery. I vote BANNER!!! HH, Quindy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom