• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 216
Upvote 0

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please show picture of "1,000 small arrowheads half broken, that would be more interesting than apparent drilled stone pendant. Sound amazing please show!

OP
OP
O

One time

Greenie
Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arrowheads are a every day find not that interesting to me hole or broken thanks for info

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know anyone who goes out and finds a thousand points. That would be a decent day, lol. I have seen larger caches, however. Still, my first thought was the same as Mark's, namely, wow, I'd love to see a photo of the thousand arrowheads....

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
Drilled pendant. Just like those before me and those who will post after me, we all want to see pics of the arrowheads. Pic of the axe and bowl would be great too. Not something most of us find everyday and since winter is here and hunting impossible for most of us, pics get us through till we can hunt again.

Nice find.

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Arrowheads are a every day find not that interesting to me hole or broken thanks for info

Nice pendant! Welcome to the forum, It's about everybody!

why would you bother with a thousand anything that didn't interest you?

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Not sure its a pendant, the semi-circular indentation would fit nicely around a shaft and be secured by the hole. Large amount of wear use (polish) suggests constant use, handle or grip stop on spear possibly. Just my opinion

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty cool whatever it is! I, too, would like to see some of the other stuff you found or saw especially the broken bowl. It's difficult for me to fathom seeing all that and if it can't be picked up at least a pic of it, I live in an area where it's slim pickins so when someone is in a "honey hole" it's gets my interest quickly. It might even help to identify the piece you posted.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging by the size, since it as small as a quarter, I would say it is a Bead of some sort.

Also, I too would like to see the 1000 Arrowheads you found along with the Pot and the Axe.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first thought is a bead salvaged from a small broken banner that may've seen years of use as a repaired banner before finally being used as a bead. The indentation could be what's left of the shaft hole and the bead hole could be one of the repair holes. I'd be tickled to find something like that.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking more about this piece. It may be a broken, worn out banner, but the hole couldn't have been used to repair it running parallel to the shaft hole (duh!) My bad. So, maybe it went straight from broke banner to bead after drilling and dressing off the sharp edges. Of course, whattheheckdoIknow?

OP
OP
O

One time

Greenie
Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of town right now when I get home I will post pics of all finds thanks everybody for the help this site is nice all seem to be helpful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread