Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another person answered my ad on craigslist, they emailed me they had an old farm that I was more than welcome to detect. So after work I headed out to check it out and took my buddy Marty (NoNickels)

Got a couple indians, 1907 and 1888, I was pretty happy because the 1888 is one I need for my dug collection! getting closer with each one. I am at 40 indians for the yr.

Only nabbed one lone silver, a rosie, but thats ok the tokens made up for it...lol

I got a 07-30 signal at 6" and you know me I dig almost every decent sound when at an old farm. Dug down and first thing I see is a V nickel....hmmmm, must be something else in there to bring the numbers up so high, pinpointer goes into the hole and a wheat was laying right by the nickel. Cool, love to find nickels with crazy odd signals. :laughing7:

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

Upvote 0
Midwest soil is awesome for coins all of those are in nice shape

Nice finds :icon_thumright:. And a really cool idea to look for places to hunt on craigslist. Congrats and HH.

So an ad in Craigslist really does work? I always wondered when I saw them.
That Ivory Soap token is great. Have been hoping to find something like that. Yours is in excellent shape...no real corrosion!

Cool finds, I really like the P&G token. I would love to here about how you advertise on Craigslist. Thanks

bgriffin said:
Cool finds, I really like the P&G token. I would love to here about how you advertise on Craigslist. Thanks
here is my ad, feel free to use it but change it up to suit your needs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend and I both live in ***** , and love to hunt for old relics, coins, etc. Not for profit, just for the excitement of digging up pieces of history.

We are currently looking for a few more places in the area to detect. Mainly older homes and properties built before the 1940s, or land that used to have a house or other activity on it.

We are both adults with years of experience in the metal detecting hobby, and will respect your property if allowed to detect on it. We only cut a small flap of sod, flip it back, retrieve the item, then recover the small hole without any trace we were there.

We have detected some of the NICEST lawns in ******, and are always welcomed back. Most people cannot even see where we were at in their yard.

Some of our finds include: Civil War buttons, coins, jewelry, toys, tokens, dog tags, lost items, etc.

If you have an old property, farm, or land that you wouldn't mind us detecting on, please send me an email. You would be surprised what is buried in the dirt that you don't even know is there.

There is NO CHARGE to the property owner, and all finds can be divided up equally if required

jamesbibb said:
Midwest soil is awesome for coins all of those are in nice shape

Yeah, soil here in Colorado pretty much hates everything.
Nice digs, naturally love the token, have yet to dig a circle/square one.
Kuddos.
Carl

I have a question. I thought of doing the same thing, but kept thinking on how do you close a deal to detect in private property in case you find something really good like a cache of coins/money, gold nuggets, or pieces of fine jewelry, etc. My thoughts go as for what if the property owner claims any of your finds. A verbal or signed contract you used or just went on to the adventure and deal later with whatever happens? :dontknow:

cyberborikua said:
I have a question. I thought of doing the same thing, but kept thinking on how do you close a deal to detect in private property in case you find something really good like a cache of coins/money, gold nuggets, or pieces of fine jewelry, etc. My thoughts go as for what if the property owner claims any of your finds. A verbal or signed contract you used or just went on to the adventure and deal later with whatever happens? :dontknow:
I don't worry about all that stuff, I just detect and have fun

some neat stuff! love the way the IH's come out over there.wish ours came out that nice!

Nice digs, I have attempted craigslist before, no luck, may try again. How did you get that V nickel so clean? I dug a 1897 yesterday and its black as heck.

Those are some awesome finds. My question is...what section on craigs list did you post it under?

MiniMe said:
Those are some awesome finds. My question is...what section on craigs list did you post it under?
I post it under "items wanted"
vanoldschool said:
Nice digs, I have attempted craigslist before, no luck, may try again. How did you get that V nickel so clean? I dug a 1897 yesterday and its black as heck.
I used soap and water, and a soft toothbrush, then lightly brushed it with an SOS pad. It was a common date so ne need to hurt the value

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back