What's new

Nice silver finds from sidewalk tearout

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a sidewalk tearout here in town, got some goodies. Unfortunately the finds were pretty slim, whoever is doing the sidewalk tearout is digging too deep, >:(
and luckily these coins were in the side walls of the dirt. There was virtually no signals on the bottom, it was cut too deep.

I got a 1927 SLQ, 1897 barber dime, 1873 Toasted indian, it is so corroded it is not worthy of a front picture.. :laughing9:....an undated buffalo, and some wheats.

The sterling ring came from a house I hunted a bit today.


DSC01097.jpg


DSC01098.jpg


DSC01102.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice day Terry!! I'd be more than happy for that assortment!!

Congrats!

Dave
 
I was going to try a sidewalk. They guys were working and said that they had torn out 18 inches of dirt and replaced 18 inches, so that wasn't so interesting. The other trouble---this was probably the 3rd sidewalk in recorded memory, the last one being redone in probably the 70's. No promise there.
 
very nice silver !
 
Very nice finds Terry. Love that SLQ. Make sure Buckeyehunter stays away. LOL
 
Great bunch of coins and cool ring :thumbsup:
 
Did ask about the dumped dirt, and I will be heading there as soon as possible. Haven't given up on "under the sidewalk" dectecting yet.
 
Very nice hunt. 2 years ago I found a silver ring with flowers on it, looks just like yours. HH
 
nice silver finds! that ring is gorgeous!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom