What's new

NICKELS the word of the day

drewan29

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2010
Messages
293
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I decided to check out a new beach that a fella had told me about last week he said that he used to swim there when he was a kid I thought what the heck give it a shot. Got into the water and right away started digging nickels all were in about a 10ftX5ft area if I went out waist high nothing come back in and get about 5 ft from shore bam. It got to the point that it was boring lol. I aslo found some copper from I think the smelters when copper was king here. I think they used the bricks for fill by the looks of it. I left there and went to "Penny Beach" for a while the beach I found the ring with the saphire in it. and dug 3 quarters 5 pennys
First beach: 39 nickels
1 quarter
3 pennys
1 1951 wheat and some copper finds.
penny beach: 3 quarter
5 Pennys
Total= $3.04 best so far.
Thanks for looking
HH-drewan
 

Attachments

  • finds 001.webp
    finds 001.webp
    462 KB · Views: 380
  • finds 002.webp
    finds 002.webp
    333.2 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
Unusual to find all those nickles and no gold. I would look some more.
 
I agree with Les. You may want to hit that spot at a later time. Probable something there just out of reach at the moment. Still an interesting hunt.
 
Les West Central Fl said:
Unusual to find all those nickles and no gold. I would look some more.
search and recovery said:
I agree with Les. You may want to hit that spot at a later time. Probable something there just out of reach at the moment. Still an interesting hunt.
Thanks Les & SAC, I was thinking the same thing I am going to hit it again soon.
 
Like you said Drew, hit it again!
Gold hidin' there somewhere.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
:hello: GN I was planning on doing it today but a little chilly out.
gold nuggets said:
Like you said Drew, hit it again!
Gold hidin' there somewhere.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Yes I agree that'a a sure sign of gold being left behind. Someone dug all the high tones and discriminated the nickles out, and the gold. Good luck.
 
That was the crazy thing nothing waist deep except a big chunk of foil and a quarter.
 
That was some hunt! :hello2:

Bet there are lots more "goodies" there...go back :headbang:

L
 
Lorrain. said:
That was some hunt! :hello2:

Bet there are lots more "goodies" there...go back :headbang:

L
:hello: Lorrain,
I did today had to it was eating at me lol
Nothing to write home about dur another 9 nickels,1 quarter,and 4 pennys and alooooot of junk and some more copper junks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom