What's new

No Copenas today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the quartz one was a thick Copena when I saw it but looks more like a tool/ scraper now. The big black tip in my hand was a huge HBer. Would love to find one like that whole. Got a small tool or knife and some flake tools. Creek was muddy so all these were on the gravel bars.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10451.webp
    SDC10451.webp
    300.3 KB · Views: 135
  • SDC10453.webp
    SDC10453.webp
    283.6 KB · Views: 125
  • SDC10447.webp
    SDC10447.webp
    377.2 KB · Views: 112
  • SDC10456.webp
    SDC10456.webp
    307 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC10458.webp
    SDC10458.webp
    309.8 KB · Views: 118
  • SDC10460.webp
    SDC10460.webp
    312.3 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Good finds! At least you're finding something. I've about give up, been up and down the creek all weekend, nothing but critters lol but right now we are getting a really nice storm so hoping to find something after work tomorrow but rain is in the forecast all week and I'm not complaining.
 
It is always good to get out and you found some artifacts.
 
Good finds! At least you're finding something. I've about give up, been up and down the creek all weekend, nothing but critters lol but right now we are getting a really nice storm so hoping to find something after work tomorrow but rain is in the forecast all week and I'm not complaining.

We got 3 inches of rain so far in the past 2 days. Im sure the creek flooded now cause it was already high when I was there. Hopefully it turned the gravel again cause the last turn wasn't good at all. Hope you find a killer
 
Have you been finding some Copenas Rock? They are fun point to find.
 
Have you been finding some Copenas Rock? They are fun point to find.

Yes most of my triangles that look like Daltons are Copenas I have found out. I also learned they were from a time frame from Archaic changing to Woodland. But still considered a Woodland point. I found that interesting. I have found 1 in quartz to but it doesn't show well in a pic.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10385.webp
    SDC10385.webp
    333 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Those are really nice.
I have just a few I know are Copena and many that may be. I have a hard time typing the triangles even still. :thumbsup:
 
Those are really nice.
I have just a few I know are Copena and many that may be. I have a hard time typing the triangles even still. :thumbsup:

These are also called "nipple points" due to the knot towards the base almost like a bulb of percussion that wasn't removed and left on. All 3 are the same design and I was told they are Copenas Auriculate variants. I sure was hoping for Dalton or Paleo but it is what it is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom