no finds today.. no pictures.. no modem at home

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hi gang. Sorry.. no new finds or pictures. We had a nice little batch of thunderstorms roll through my area last evening and between the hail and the lightnight strike on one of my pine trees (twenty feet from where I was typing) I thought I had made a pretty good decision to NOT go metal detecting after work. <grin> However, after the storm passed and the hail stones were put in the freezer and the tree inspected.. I found that my internet was down. Not only down, but the cable modem was inoperable. Now it's scheduled to be repaired/replaced on the morrow, but for now I have but a moment or two to post this message from my computer at work. I hope to do some detecting at a park that was formerly an amusement park in our sister city of Louisville Kentucky later tomorrow, Perhaps that night or Saturday I'll be back on here with some new finds, some new pictures and some new tales of high adventure.. or misadventure.. <grin> all in the perspective I suppose. Anyway, I hope all is well and everyone is out there a "Happy Hunting" !!

Frodov

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Very sad to hear about your modem but very glad you are okay! hope they repair it soon!

bagglaydee

Mar 22, 2005
Kernersville, North Carolina
Glad to hear you're alright! That lightning has been showing off lately! My computer got fried last week....through the cable no less. Unplugging power sources is no longer enough to protect the electronics!

Ya'll be careful out there!

HH....Barbara

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Frov we must have had the same thunderstorms ;) Lighting struck one of our pines Tuesday night. But it was futher from the house ! I was at the front door trying to capture a picture since the lighting was so intense. Needless to say > I crawled in bed after that excitment :)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Frodo, I didn't find anything today either, I stayed home. LOL I've lost two computers to lightening strikes, now I unplug the phone line if I even think a storm is coming through. My surge protector has a phone line slot but it stopped working one day after a storm...my computer survived! Sometimes those storms pop up when you are away from home and you can't take evasive action. {frown}

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread