No more breakfast, eat n park, corral what the heck Buffett?s that is

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You no I use to like on Sunday when I could go to a breakfast buffet, they don?t do it no more folks. What a sad day in hell. Buffets breakfast, eggs, beacon and the rest. Oh virus to blame. Folks wait until Christmas when it gets more violent because workers are exhausted and nobody wants those jobs. Oh my remember I warned you, sad but worst is still yet to come. Topic here is no more breakfast buffets, come on all of you like to eat to don?t you, appreciate your farms not many left.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don’t let strangers prepare my food anymore. Been a long time since I’ve eaten at a fast food joint, let alone a sit down restaurant. I try to eat locally sourced food such as beef and chicken, eggs (I raise) and have a garden and fruit trees. Family of four, but I’m the only one that eats fruits or veggies.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No salad buffets or smorgasboards around here anymore.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to love breakfast buffets. All kinds of goodies too. The better ones had an omelet maker making omelets to order. Yum. You're right though I haven't seen a breakfast buffet for awhile. Always been my favorite meal of the day.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another reason for living in this state...there are several places still around here for breakfast buffets. There is a favorite biker bar that still offers free breakfast every Sunday here!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of buffets in Orlando area, Golden Corral still has breakfast buffets on weekends too, $8.99, I usually go once a week to the 11-3pm because of the senior discount, 11-3pm buffet is $8.49 and that includes drink. I usually go at 11 am as everything is fresh and very few people there yet.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also have buffets open here in southwest Georgia. But, I very seldom eat at them anymore. I just don't eat that much at one meal.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I retired I traveled at least ten days out of the month and always stayed at hotels with breakfast buffets just because it was a quick meal. Some were sort of good, many were not. If I never ever ate another breakfast buffet that would be just fine with me.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go get us some eggs and bacon sausage and nobody bother you, go open up America

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buffets are not for me for many reasons. I'm not about to drive 22 miles one way for some overpriced overly salty ,greasy ill prepared food . sitting there watching people pick at all kinds of body parts , lick their fingers and handle the serving spoons. then return to refill their dirty plate.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reads like you need to host a weekly post church services (to allow more available participants) potluck with local products in your front yard! Or somewhere close.
Good social activity time too.

You have me wondering how long it's been since I made breakfast , or even coffee on a camp stove. And I have camp stoves.....

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee start a coffee club , next thing you no metal detecting club

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll slide into an Awful Waffle once in awhile & get Steak & eggs for breakfast. I work out side and in construction so a good breakfast gets me going.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean to tell me none of you would want an omelette, with home fries, Texas toast, r u crazy. Orange juice even if your lazy self didn’t make it come on fellas

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You mean to tell me none of you would want an omelette, with home fries, Texas toast, r u crazy. Orange juice even if your lazy self didn’t make it come on fellas

Don't need a buffet for that.

Ours closed too early around here for us to participate very often. Not missing them.
The Chinese (sorry off the breakfast topic) buffet is no longer a buffet.
We have dined in since covid but ordering to go from them in person , we get more food. L.o.l..

Had pancakes and strawberries for a snack the other night.
Easy as breakfast items are we usually make them at home.
But , have had a couple omelets dining out in the past month.

At a restaurant the other day I pointed out the Hobo breakfast.
Then explained why it is called that , and how to roll the single bacon slice and single sausage in pancakes to pocket for the road. Then eat the rest on site....

You may have guessed by now we don't eat heavy anymore.
So if buffets were still going here , the value would be against us anyways.

Still , missing outdoor breakfast cooking and eating. Been too long.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a fan of ANY type of buffets.....

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is your daily menu consist of, cornbread and chili, bologna crackers. You must watch your intake I understand formaldehyde is an ingredient in much food including baby food so I suggest growing your own food

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So what is your daily menu consist of, cornbread and chili, bologna crackers. You must watch your intake I understand formaldehyde is an ingredient in much food including baby food so I suggest growing your own food

Daily menu?
Hmmm.
About 363 days a year , breakfast is a slice of toast with peanut butter.
Lunch today was a slice of pizza. From a little store gas station a ways away the other day. Good meats there. Double ground ground chuck I'll nab a half pound or pound of now and then.
Used to be my go to place for bacon. Sliced while I wait at a setting in the upper teens/ thick!
too much fat lately. And I'm confident the supplier can provide better. But I quit asking for better years ago. I don't buy enough for the owner to fight the issue really.
He knows me though. Told me while going into a store miles away at the same time that there was no ground chuck there. L.o.l..

No supper yet.
Been working on a left over beef roast a while. Maybe a hot beef sandwich. Maybe a deluxe salad.
(Eggs for supper often enough. Since this thread is about breakfast buffets...)
Still plenty of venison in the freezer. So buying the roast stung less.
Not like when I raised my own hogs years ago and they came out around 35 cents a pound though....
Or the rabbits. Or chickens. I kinda miss the warm freshest sassy eggs. But have a neighbor who has paid me in his fowls eggs. And know others I can get none bleached and known diet eggs from. So I don't mind missing out on the work. More so in winter.

We grow some stuff. Have carrots I'm letting go to seed from last year , next to this years beans that are just coming on.
But how much lead from leaded fuel days is still in our soil? What else is?
What is in the water we water with? (PFAS has had wells put out of use not far away. Ours tested alright so far. )

Even organic tilth grounds can be interesting. Just because no particular pesticides have been used on them for a decade , does not tell what is in the soil still. Or what falls on it...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions