What's new

no place like home

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Went on two long road trips this week and went through about 2500 halves. My take was one Franklin and 5 40% . Put on a couple of hundred miles

Today went to one bank in my town,picked up 13 loose, four of which were 40%. 3 miles round trip

Heres my take since I started 16 days ago.

1 silver Eagle
2 Walking Liberty
2 Franklins
4 1964 Kennedy
56 40%

I guess I went through about 3500 halves. I'm going to keep track.

What a blast !
 
Upvote 0
That is pretty good so far!!!
Didn't know that you found some Walkers. You have to keep me up to par on that kind of stuff.
 
How did you get the Silver Eagle? I have yet to even come across a silver Ike yet.

-Golden Silver
 
Not bad returns for the halves searched. I have yet to find a frankie, so having 2 so far is nice :)
 
close your eyes, click your heels together three times and repeat after me..."there's no place like home".... :thumbsup:

nice score...'specially the silver eagle. what year was it?
 
I went to the bank looking for halves and the teller tells me that she does not have any. She then asked me if I was a coin collector and if I was interested in dollars? I was about to say no when I spotted her picking up a 2006 silver eagle. Got it for a buck.
 
amazing. i've heard that story before from other CHR'ers but it never fails to amaze me. a teller handing over a one ounce silver bullion coin for a buck! congrats bro. you must have a good poker face!

i've asked tons of tellers for coin and a lot of 'em know i collect but NEVER has that happened to me. if it ever does, i'm pretty sure i won't be able to keep my poker face on.

i haven't even found a silver ike yet...but the search continues! good luck on your next search!
 
Rich Hartford said:
I went to the bank looking for halves and the teller tells me that she does not have any. She then asked me if I was a coin collector and if I was interested in dollars? I was about to say no when I spotted her picking up a 2006 silver eagle. Got it for a buck.
Begginners Luck is runnin rampant- congrats. HH Mark
 
Well I was able to maintain a poker face but my heart was racing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom