willjo
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2015
- Messages
- 1,071
- Reaction score
- 2,037
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Twin City, Ga.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
0
All cool finds and those are some pretty colors. The Echnoid is really neat, about how old do you think it is? I love it!
? You gotta think the N.A.'s would have used or kept them for ornaments or something, at least I'd think so. Just curious, are you aware of any of those showing up in burial contexts and the like (catches)?Nice fossil, Paleozoic- Cretaceous period, now that wasn't very long ago? You gotta think the N.A.'s would have used or kept them for ornaments or something, at least I'd think so. Just curious, are you aware of any of those showing up in burial contexts and the like (catches)?
I have only found one that looks like it could have been used for a scraper. In my area looks like they discarded them with the flakes the broke away making points. I have seen cones that the N. A.'s had in books and these could be a start for the cones but I have never seen one in my area.