Nooo 2 weeks of my life is now ruined

T

trish76642

relichunters said:
Hmmm apparently it's a woman thing. I wouldn't know, because I have never detected with a woman before :(

Seriously??? :icon_scratch: OH you havent lived till you detect with a woman let me tell ya!
You are missing out my friend...
Its so funny when i dig up something, and my heart feels like it gonna jump outta my chest and then i yell "OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT?!"
My hubby says, "GAWD! I wished you'd stop that, you scared the hell outta me!" ROTFLMAO

chemist100

Jan 21, 2007
Flowery Branch, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Sorry to see that rash relichunter, I have had it pretty bad before. The best thing: mix baking soda and water to form a paste, the spread it over the infected area and let it drythen wash off. It will "Draw" the juice out!!! it really works, a 90 year old woman taught me that trick. you might have to do it for a few day though.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
~Trish~ said:
relichunters said:
Hmmm apparently it's a woman thing. I wouldn't know, because I have never detected with a woman before :(

Seriously??? :icon_scratch: OH you havent lived till you detect with a woman let me tell ya!
You are missing out my friend...
Its so funny when i dig up something, and my heart feels like it gonna jump outta my chest and then i yell "OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT?!"
My hubby says, "GAWD! I wished you'd stop that, you scared the hell outta me!" ROTFLMAO

Yeah well if I ever get a girlfriend in my life, I will be sure to laugh at her and have a good time.

chemist100 said:
Sorry to see that rash relichunter, I have had it pretty bad before. The best thing: mix baking soda and water to form a paste, the spread it over the infected area and let it drythen wash off. It will "Draw" the juice out!!! it really works, a 90 year old woman taught me that trick. you might have to do it for a few day though.

Hmm alright I will go try that now. It's burning really bad tho, like a flame is burning my skin.

T

trish76642

Chemist is right about the baking soda relic, but you do need to go see a doctor.

(imma be worried about your poison ivy all night...i feel for ya)

One of my friends back in our high school days, she had a bad habit of biting her finger nails, one saturday we all went down to the river to go swimming and would swing off a rope, we had to hike through woods to get to this huge tree where the rope was, well she got into poison ivy, and because she bit her nails it got into her blood stream, her head swelled up like a basket ball. I'll never forget it.

Dont scratch and dont bite your nails... :nono:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I never bite my nails so that's a good thing. I am sitting here with the baking soda on it right now, it stings real bad. I don't know if its ivy or oak or what. What would a doctor be able to do with it?

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
If the doc sees how your arm is swelled from the poison ivy, he might put you on steroids to get the swelling down. There is also meciation to help with the itchy part too.

Knocking on wood, I have never had poison ivy.

Sue

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can get poison ivory any time of the year. If you cut through the roots you can get it if you burn it and get in the smoke you can catch it. Hope you get better...Matt

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That sucks. I got a small area of it on my wrist but nothing like that.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Poison oak, pretty sure, and yeah when it was my turn at it I also tinkled. Talk about wood. Turns your skin scaly hard in all the wwrong places. Poison oak is easier to get from the roots than ivy or sumac and it's unquestionably worse. Had all three, don't recommend 'em!

Trish, the gals here only come along when we hit the beach, they've seen me come back from the woods and the 'hoods scaled, rashed, bloodied and better. There's a reason we call it Timmy's Extreme Metal Detecting.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
smurf-42 said:
If the doc sees how your arm is swelled from the poison ivy, he might put you on steroids to get the swelling down. There is also meciation to help with the itchy part too.

Knocking on wood, I have never had poison ivy.

Sue

Not sure if I can use steroids since, I have a heart condition.

@RJH02 we both had gloves on, what the heck did we do?

T

trish76642

well, you had to use your hands to take your gloves off, all you have to do is touch something that poison ivy or oak has came into contact with.

You better wash those gloves relic before you use them again...or throw em away.

Make sure you wash your clothes real good, and becareful when you handle them before putting in the wash.

chemist100

Jan 21, 2007
Flowery Branch, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Hey Relic,
I hope that baking soda did the trick. Be careful with all your clothes that you used that day and just get rid of those gloves. Also change your bed sheets, dont want to roll around in it!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I got these gloves for my birthday they are leather so I can't ditch them. I will handwash them with rubber gloves on I guess.

I went to the hospital today after leaving the baking soda on me all night, and they said its really infected bad (not from the baking soda), it's spreading up my arm, so they gave me a really high grade steroid cream for it. The first dose 30 minutes later the redness up the arm was gone, but now it inches like crazy. Says it'll take about 10 days to clear up, I can't wait that long!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ouch, I feel your pain...been there...it was not fun! My eyes were swollen shut....could only see out the corner of my eyes....I was not a pretty sight...LOL

You can get that stuff all year long.....we have it in our yard and each Spring I go around and spray paint all that I see a bright Blue...then hubby, who does NOT get it....pulls up all the Blue spots.

Even if you get all the ground cover....if digging in your garden, if the roots are still there, you can get it.....

Wash your clothes, SEPARATE from everyone elses in VERY HOT WATER. I usually wash them twice.

The doc can give you something to clear it up....for the itch...I stand under VERY HOT water in the shower with the water beating on the area(s)....and it really does relieve the itch for a few hours, for me!

Good Luck!
Annmarie

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Getting better slowly this steroid cream is helping. It stopped dripping poison but now its a big rash. Still itches.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
relichunters said:
Getting better slowly this steroid cream is helping. It stopped dripping poison but now its a big rash. Still itches.
Surprise!
Get better. You do remember the spot where this came from I hope!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread